Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Zoloft?  (Read 782 times)

Offline comoso

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Zoloft?
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2014, 01:19:05 PM »
I took Zofran at bed time and again upon waking at 730 this morning because stomach was hurting then.  It knocks me flat out, which might be good if this is the flu.  I slept until 1130 after taking the one this morning.  My stomach isn't hurting right now and that is amazing.  I was very helpful on the zoloft with the week I had last week.  I'm only coming up on 6 weeks and I know it takes 6-12 to kick in.  I have been able to wean from 1 mg klonopin per day to just .5 per day while on it so that's a positive.  Of course, my goal is to get off of the benzo.  I can't believe I've been taking them daily for 10 months.
Bookmark and Share

Offline comoso

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2014, 07:17:13 PM »
See my doc Wednesday.  Should I ask to increase at 6 weeks or ride the 50 mg out awhile longer?
Bookmark and Share

Online insights

• Rec's: 103
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2014, 08:11:27 PM »
See my doc Wednesday.  Should I ask to increase at 6 weeks or ride the 50 mg out awhile longer?

I'd be inclined to go up to at least 75mg and then giving it 6-8 weeks to achieve full effectiveness. Not many do well at 50mg for long.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline comoso

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2014, 08:06:22 PM »
Doc says to stay at 50 mg for at least 2 more weeks.  I can go to 62.5 if I want, but I'll probably just stay at 50 as he seemed to think that's what I needed.  He encouraged me to take more klonopin if I'm having a rough day.  I'm prescribed 2 .5's per day but only take the morning one.
Bookmark and Share

Offline comoso

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2014, 06:44:11 PM »
Well, 7 weeks on 50 mg and I'd say I'm about 75% back.  I have anxiety from time to time but it doesn't stick around for days.  I went to my Psych today and he said I need to stick with the .5mg klonopin in the mornings and 50 mg zoloft.  I used to see him every 2 weeks, but I'm feeling better and he said let's move it to once a month.  I'm not back to myself, but I'm on the right track for sure. 

I really want to be off the klonopin, but I really want to follow this guys advice as he's brought me so far.  I know there are millions who have taken benzos for years.  1 more month at  only .5 mg per day isn't so bad.  I just need to keep on keeping on.  Thanks for all the encouragement on this site.   You guys are great.
Bookmark and Share

Online insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2014, 08:46:46 PM »
Well, 7 weeks on 50 mg and I'd say I'm about 75% back. 

I think you will probably need to go to at least 75mg and probably 100mg for good results, especially if you want to drop the Klonopin, but holding off for a few more weeks isn't going to do any harm. At least you know this can work and that you can get your life back. Just knowing this can alone make a big difference.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline comoso

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2014, 08:39:23 PM »
Ian, I trust you and know you're here to help and you do help a ton of people.  Here is the thing, if I'm getting better at 50, should I jump to 75 or just keep getting better.  People somehow heal from this without medication.  I wish I could, but it was at such an extreme I had no choice but to take medication.  I still have bad days(today was one of them), but I've honestly had about 12 days with little anxiety before that.  My psych really seemed to think 50mg was doing fine for me and wanted me to stay there. 

I'm now 2nd guessing that and that might have contributed to my bad day today.  I have one friend who only takes 25mg daily and he does great on it.  I'm not real sure what I need to do now.  I'll see how tomorrow goes. 

I'm doing everything...

Weekly Therapist visits
.5mg klonopin every morning
50 mg zoloft (25 am and 25 pm)
Weight Training and cardio 4-5 times per week
I work in a public job and I put myself out in uncomfortable situations daily.
I sleep with a cpap at night because I was waking not breathing( I think it was anxiety causing the apnea)
I go to bed early and sleep pretty well(Amazing considering when this started I couldn't sleep more than 2 hours per night)

So basically, I'm asking you considering all I'm doing is 50 mg enough or? 
Bookmark and Share

Online insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2014, 11:51:16 PM »
So basically, I'm asking you considering all I'm doing is 50 mg enough or?

I don't know, the only person that does is you. Are you happy with the level of control you have of your anxiety? If you are then stick with the 50mg, if not then try a higher dose. However, keep in mind that the goal isn't necessarily to be completely anxiety free. Anxiety is part of living, it helps us work our way through life's downs, so the occasional bad day is no bad thing, but if it starts being several bad days every week then it needs addressing.

Another consideration is that being a little over medicated is better than being under medicated. Any excess just gets ignored and has no effect on the brain (when those without anxiety/depression take antidepressants not much happens apart from the side-effects even though some think it does due to the placebo effect), but taking less than needed may increase the likelihood of poop-out.

Ian
Bookmark and Share

Offline comoso

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2014, 08:51:10 AM »
Very wise, Thanks Ian
Bookmark and Share

Offline comoso

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2014, 09:46:53 AM »
Well, 5 bad days and I called my Dr.  He told me to go to 62.5mg per day and see how it goes.  8 weeks on 50 mg and I've had several good days.  The past 5 I feel like depression has came back in strong.  I just have no drive, no ambition and want to stay in bed all day, but that's a bad place to be too.  There are no safe places right now.  I really feel like the klonopin is depressing me.  Does it do that to anyone?  When my anxiety started I was the least depressed guy in the world.  Right now, I'm seriously contemplating moving to the woods and becoming a hermit...
Bookmark and Share

Offline comoso

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2014, 09:57:57 AM »
I asked him if I should only stay at 62.5 for a few days and then jump to 75.  He said, no, let's give 62.5 a chance to work.  We'll talk next time I see you.  So I guess I'm on this for 3 weeks. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline comoso

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2014, 05:40:32 PM »
HOLY SMOKE.  I took 37.5 this morning instead of my 25mg and wow, I'm sooooo tired and brain fog extreme.  I can't hardly complete thoughts in my head.  I had a very hard time just explaining something simple to my wife.  I feel so out of it.

Should I go back to 50 and forget the updose?  I've only been on this for 8 weeks on Wednesday.  Am
I expecting too much too fast?
Bookmark and Share

Online insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2014, 05:52:17 PM »
I really feel like the klonopin is depressing me.  Does it do that to anyone?

Yes, all the benzodiazepines can trigger depression, however, I wonder whether it's the Klonopin, or at least partly the lack of progress which is making you depressed.

HOLY SMOKE.  I took 37.5 this morning instead of my 25mg and wow, I'm sooooo tired and brain fog extreme.  I can't hardly complete thoughts in my head.  I had a very hard time just explaining something simple to my wife.  I feel so out of it.

I don't think it is all the increased dose, but heightened anxiety overwhelming the brain too. Tomorrow take it last thing at night.

Should I go back to 50 and forget the updose?  I've only been on this for 8 weeks on Wednesday.  Am I expecting too much too fast?

After 8 weeks you are probably getting about as much out of the 50mg as you're going to get so if it's not giving the results you want then you will need to up the dose.

Ian
Bookmark and Share

Tags: