Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Bubbles in urine  (Read 306 times)

Offline dan203

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Bubbles in urine
« on: May 21, 2014, 09:47:16 AM »
I'm 17 and recently i have been seeing bubbles in my urine. I don't want to make any conclusions yet but the bubbles don't go away for about 3 minutes. This has been happening for about a week now and I have been feeling aches in my lower back so i'm just wondering if anyone else has had this and anyone has any advice?

Thanks.
Bookmark and Share

Offline dan203

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Bubbles in urine
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 10:53:02 AM »
I forgot to mention that this happens more in the morning but throughout the day it sometimes happens aswell
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 15
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 11:07:01 AM »
I started getting that the summer of 2011.  Sometimes the patch of bubbles would be about 6" x 3"!  It would happen more in the morning and like you said, SOMETIME throughout the day.  I never knew how long they lasted because I'd flush.  I had my urine tested, etc  (Just had routine blood work a month before that) and everything was normal.  I recall getting scared because I was thinking, "Oh maybe it's just something in the toilet..."  but then when I went in the cup at the doctors there was a small patch of bubbles in it!   Turns out it was nothing at all.  The doctor said sometimes the stream becomes turbulent (but it would happen even with a slower stream), she just said it's the way it is hitting the water when coming out.  And you are a guy, so you would be hitting the water from a lot greater distance.  When I was telling my friend she said her son always gets bubbles and so does my husband.  I felt it was normal for a GUY so that's why I was worried.  But it was nothing.
Once I had more of a "foamy" patch, but that was because I didn't drink water ALL day and I was a bit dehydrated.   
Bookmark and Share

Offline dan203

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 11:20:08 AM »
I started getting that the summer of 2011.  Sometimes the patch of bubbles would be about 6" x 3"!  It would happen more in the morning and like you said, SOMETIME throughout the day.  I never knew how long they lasted because I'd flush.  I had my urine tested, etc  (Just had routine blood work a month before that) and everything was normal.  I recall getting scared because I was thinking, "Oh maybe it's just something in the toilet..."  but then when I went in the cup at the doctors there was a small patch of bubbles in it!   Turns out it was nothing at all.  The doctor said sometimes the stream becomes turbulent (but it would happen even with a slower stream), she just said it's the way it is hitting the water when coming out.  And you are a guy, so you would be hitting the water from a lot greater distance.  When I was telling my friend she said her son always gets bubbles and so does my husband.  I felt it was normal for a GUY so that's why I was worried.  But it was nothing.
Once I had more of a "foamy" patch, but that was because I didn't drink water ALL day and I was a bit dehydrated.

Thanks for the reply! You have made me feel better, ill try not to think about it then, i only noticed it around a week or so ago. I'll try to stay hydrated. Did the bubbles that you have stay in the toilet or did they disappear? That's my only concern in that i would have thought they'd disappear if it was just due to the urine hitting the water. Some are still present after a few minutes.
Bookmark and Share

Offline dan203

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 12:03:16 PM »
A small update  in that i sat down and hit the side of the toilet and only a small amount of bubbles were present which is normal right?
Bookmark and Share

Offline crosbie87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 02:10:03 PM »
Dan ... completely normal. I have that too. What's funny is that most guys (including myself) use the urinals which doesn't allow us to see any bubbles. Last summer I had to use the regular toilet as all the urinals were taken and i notice lots of bubbles. Next time I aimed for the side of the bowl and there was very little. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline dan203

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 05:40:15 PM »
Dan ... completely normal. I have that too. What's funny is that most guys (including myself) use the urinals which doesn't allow us to see any bubbles. Last summer I had to use the regular toilet as all the urinals were taken and i notice lots of bubbles. Next time I aimed for the side of the bowl and there was very little. :)

Thanks for the reply, ill stop being concerned now then, it's just that some forms of bubbles can be the first sign of a problem with the kidney so i thought id check if it's normal.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 05:59:16 PM »
I really don't know how long the bubbles stayed because I would look and flush - but try dropping toilet paper on them.  Mine would go away where the toilet paper hit.
Bookmark and Share

Offline dan203

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2014, 07:22:47 AM »
Yeah the bubbles go away when toilet paper is dropped on them, ill just forget about it now, it was just because i was getting lower back pains and so i was concerned about the small amounts of bubbles in my urine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2014, 02:15:39 PM »
I read that people who eat a lot of meats tend to have bubbles in their urine.   :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline dan203

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2014, 08:49:13 AM »
Okay so a quick update in that the bubbles have become a bit more excessive and im still getting a slight pain in my lower back. The bubbles disappear if left for a while but im quite concerned in that a lot are now forming in my toilet.
Bookmark and Share

Offline dan203

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2014, 03:52:47 PM »
Anyone?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2014, 06:27:02 PM »
Reread my first post - I had LARGE patches of bubbles, all started in 2011 and it's all the same way (some days nothing, some days many small patches, some days half the toilet) Now was far as a pain in the lower back, is it when you move or all the time?  If you only feel it when you move it's probably just a muscle or back strain.
Bookmark and Share

Offline dan203

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2014, 05:42:14 AM »
Reread my first post - I had LARGE patches of bubbles, all started in 2011 and it's all the same way (some days nothing, some days many small patches, some days half the toilet) Now was far as a pain in the lower back, is it when you move or all the time?  If you only feel it when you move it's probably just a muscle or back strain.

It's just kind of an ache feeling in my lower back, it doesn't hurt all the time but sometimes when i move.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2014, 05:53:38 AM »
Any kind of internal organ would hurt regardless of movement.  Think of when you have a stomach ache, you can lay still and it will still hurt you, or if you have intestinal cramps, whether you move or not, it hurts... but something that hurts upon movement or that you can recreate the pain in a certain position, that's not indicative of any kind of organ pain.
And kidneys aren't in the low back, they are up toward the center on the sides.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: