Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?
Anxiety Forums & Chat Rooms

In need of help PLEASE?

Offline Jonnysmith

• Personal text
In need of help PLEASE?
« on: May 21, 2014, 02:32:28 AM »
I am so scared I have developed or developing schizophrenia, it all started when I was experiencing frequent deja vu feelings which sent me into panic and severe anxiety as I was reading all sorts of things online convinced I have seizures or epilepsy. Things are gradually going worse for me though, I am suffering severe derealisation feelings and feel completely detached from reality and my family and friends. Things getting worse again my mind has gone I am now experiencing irrational thoughts of is this life real and am I alive I keep getting racing thoughts in my head stating their is another life out their and I am completely miles away from the real world. I am so scared I am hardly sleeping I have these racing irrational thoughts constantly and I feel I adjust existing but not actually thinking of what I am doing. I am worried sick I may have schizophrenia and even worse I will never recover from this, even hard to separate dreams from reality thinking some of my dreams really happened.
Bookmark and Share

Online crikee57

• Personal text
Re: In need of help PLEASE?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 03:55:46 AM »
I don't think you need to worry that what you are experiencing is schizophrenia.  First - you need to stop looking online for the answers.  This is a recipe for disaster.  The answers online tend to be the worst case scenario for every possible symptom.  Unfortunately those of us with anxiety get to that conclusion easy enough without help from the internet.  Also remember that Google or any other source are not your doctor.  They do not know your individual case. 

That being said, I have discussed schizophrenia with my therapist before and nothing your are describing fits the characteristics that he told me are involved.  It sounds rather that you have severe anxiety and are working it up even higher with what ifs and searching the internet.  I think we have all been there at one time.  Trying so hard to find answers but only scaring ourselves more.   Take a step back and try to focus on your breathing. The key I have found is to accept that you have anxiety and that is all it is.   You will be ok, but if you are not doing so already, I highly advise talking to your doctor or a therapist to start treating your anxiety and get the answers you are craving from a trained professional.  You will get through this.  You are stronger and more in control that you believe. 
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Offline dinobunny7

• Personal text
Re: In need of help PLEASE?
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 07:16:33 PM »
I agree with crikee57, severe panic can make you feel that way, and its happened to me.
Bookmark and Share