Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: neck pain  (Read 239 times)

Offline alesha

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
neck pain
« on: May 20, 2014, 09:39:19 PM »
Ive been having some neck pain for almost a month now. Its mostly on one side and hurts especially when I move. I have been getting headaches, I dont know if its associated with the neck pain. I originally thought it was stiff neck because I originally felt it when I first woke up and it was all the way down to my shoulder. I have been to the doctor since I have felt this, I mentioned it but he didnt seem too concerned. It seemed to let up for a few days but its back. Im starting to panic over it and obsess over it. Does this seem like typical stiff neck to anyone?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Descent

• Rec's: 1
  • Only thing to fear is fear itself
    • Poke This Member
Re: neck pain
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 09:42:42 PM »
Yes. People who are anxious and stressed hold a lot of tension in their neck and shoulders.

I assume your doctor knows you have anxiety and that's why he wasn't worried. You shouldn't worry either, figure out ways to relax your neck muscles. Or see a chiropractor. That's what I do for my tight neck muscles and it helps a lot. :yes:
Bookmark and Share
Generally afraid of: Bacterial infections, toxic ingestions

Offline Worrier1978

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 08:42:01 AM »
I'm with Descent on this...I tend to hold a lot of tension in my neck & shoulders, which causes headaches. Here's what I found helps: massaging the area, putting heat on it (I heat up a rice sock -- works great!) & most importantly, do stretches that focus on your neck (this is one of the few times it's good to Google!). Stretching has helped me work out tons of tension. Just start slow, be gentle & do overdo it! Ibuprofen may also help.

If your doctor wasn't concerned, try not to worry about it. I know it's hard! But it'll just make it worse. (Trust me, I know from experience!) My mom once had neck pain for 3 months after a stressful situation where she was tensing her upper body. It sucks, but it will eventually go away.  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline richdelb

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 08:57:49 AM »
I have been having HORRIBLE neck pains, tightness across my forehead, numbness and tightness in my lips etc.  My Doctor has repeatedly ASSURED me that this is all related to stress / anxiety, even if I don't feel particularly stressed or anxious at the moment.  There is a total connection between my face numbness and neck pain.  Sometimes my face gets the numb feeling before I even realize my neck is hurting, but hurting it is.

I have been suffering from this BADLY for almost 2 months now.  I try so hard to believe the Doctor that these feelings are from stress / anxiety and not from some horrible disease, but it's so freaking hard sometimes.

Hope it helps to hear that you are not alone in this symptom, and I hope you find yourself feeling better very soon.

Bookmark and Share

Tags: