Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Intrusive thoughts  (Read 273 times)

Offline abc1231

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Intrusive thoughts
« on: May 20, 2014, 02:03:33 PM »
Heya

Kind of going through a phase (d like to think its just a phase that will go) of  intrusive thoughts. Thoughts such as is this really me? why am i doing this? should i be doing this?   All these thoughts have an effect on me and for some reason I cant stop thinking them. I know they are just thoughts etc but I want to find a way for them to stop.

For example when talking to someone Ill be talking to them but these thoughts will be in my mind. Its like im looking for the intrusive thought if that makes any sense. Prior to this phase I wont even think any of this. This phase started after I nearly had a panick attack a couple of weeks ago. 

Just wondering if there is a way to tell yourself to stop thinking them or something.
I know its normal to think things. Its just weird when those thoughts become soo focused on what you are doing and keep questioning what you are doing.

Thanks

Bookmark and Share

Offline andrea34

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Intrusive thoughts
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 03:04:56 PM »
Your thoughts are almost exactly like mine and the fear and the feelings they bring are frightening. I find myself saying what if I'm really not here and I just think I am? What if I think I know these ppl but I really don't?! It's making me feel like I'm losing it.

Anyway, I'd love to find new ways of dealing with them. They are taking over. It's scary.
Bookmark and Share

Offline abc1231

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 05:43:20 PM »
Your thoughts are almost exactly like mine and the fear and the feelings they bring are frightening. I find myself saying what if I'm really not here and I just think I am? What if I think I know these ppl but I really don't?! It's making me feel like I'm losing it.

Anyway, I'd love to find new ways of dealing with them. They are taking over. It's scary.

Heya. Im yet to still see a doctor about my issues. Im going some point next week. But I understand it is very scary. I keep questioning everything im doing and it is driving me insane tbh.

Some points im fine but then at some points I get really anxious. I cant wait for this phase to end! Its happened to me before like 4 years ago and I was fine after that. Just hoping I can get back to being fine again.
Bookmark and Share

Offline andrea34

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 10:04:07 PM »
Yeah...It's frustrating when I have a great day and then all of a sudden it kicks in out of nowhere. I get such a sick feeling in my stomach. I hate it so much. I hope my meds kick in soon and I start feeling much better.
Bookmark and Share

Offline abc1231

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 06:15:57 AM »
Yeah...It's frustrating when I have a great day and then all of a sudden it kicks in out of nowhere. I get such a sick feeling in my stomach. I hate it so much. I hope my meds kick in soon and I start feeling much better.

yeah same. Im hoping to see the doc sometime.next week. For me its usually sensations in my body I associate with anxiety that get me anxious I think. I need to stop that association. It is quite scary though.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: