Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Zoloft update  (Read 244 times)

Offline Drielly84

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Zoloft update
« on: May 20, 2014, 01:23:02 PM »
Day 5 of 12.5 mg and side effects are much more mild than when I first started at 50 and 25 mg
 Eating more but still feel anxious in the mornings and at night mostly
Sleeping but not through the night but perhaps this is from my anxiety itself and the pregnancy
Planning to up the dose to 25 mg around the 7th or 8th day but want to switch psych. and still waiting on that
Anxiety during the day is much better and manageable and I'm starting to get back to want to do things that I haven't had the motivation to do for a while
I hope this is a good sign
Nervous about side effects once dose is increased but I keep reminding myself that I'm doing better this week than last week and that once I reach the dose that works for me I'll be okay! Any other positive stories about zoloft after a rough start?

Bookmark and Share

Offline Drielly84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Zoloft update
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 04:46:44 PM »
And the anxiousness is not bad very low compared to what I was having before zoloft and way lower than when I first started zoloft at 50 mg
Bookmark and Share

Offline bababel

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 11:32:02 PM »
I found that starting Zoloft right at the beginning was the hardest. Upping my dosage after that was easy and the side effects were very mild. Try not to dwell on the possible side effects because you may not even get any when you go up to 25 mg.

When I was pregnant I found it very difficult to sleep, and I didn't even have anxiety at the time. Being pregnant isn't the most comfortable thing ever, so it's understandable that you are having trouble sleeping. I hope the zoloft continues to put your mind at ease and I hope you can get some good sleep. Don't be afraid to nap during the day if you feel tired. I know I sure did!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Drielly84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 06:43:13 AM »
Thank you for responding!
I work all day and when I come home I can't nap :(
At night my sleep is broken and I'm not sure what's causing it
If it's the zoloft, anxiety, pregnancy hormones ? It's like when i go to bed and feel like I'm about to drift off I get a rush of anxiousness :/ I don't know maybe I'm sleeping more than I think but that what's causing me the most anxiety now
Hopefully the zoloft will help once I reach a good dose
Just need reassurance from people who have been there!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Venomsoar

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 09:20:18 AM »
I started on 50mg Zoloft (Sertraline) 2 weeks and 5 days ago (first time ever as well). At first, my side-effects were yawning, shaky and restlessness. This lasted for about 3-4 days and they were pretty mild. Then after about a week or two, I really started to have trouble getting to sleep as well as staying asleep. I also have had two nights where I have had severe hypnic jerks and myoclonus which had kept me up for hours and hours. I also started to have undesirable sexual side-effects.

However, when I started to suffer from insomnia and the hypnic jerks (which were really troublesome), along with the sexual side-effects, at first these effects increased my anxiety but I started to feel the anti-anxiety effects not long after that. So I assumed that the medication is really starting to kick in which is also why I am having the side-effects.

The insomnia could be both the medication as well as you worrying about the side-effects. I was in the same position. I could not sleep - I worried about not sleeping and couldn't distinguish whether it was from anxiety or the medication. But after reading about the many others who have had insomnia due to Zoloft, and after reading that they usually past, I started to become convinced it was the medication.

Although I still struggle to get to sleep, and although my sleep is usually interrupted, I still get between 5-9 hours per day. Some nights are worse of course. But when I think about it, even before my medication I would have trouble falling to sleep and staying asleep - the only difference is I wouldn't worry about it too much unless I had things to do the next day (which would usually just frustrate me more than it would worry me). So my advice would be to let it past - don't worry about it. And let the side-effects be a sign that the medication is working and you will soon start to feel the desirable effects of it. This is what I have told myself and these past few days I have felt great. I have read that people usually don't feel much benefit from 50mg but I have to say I am surprised at how well they have been working.

But it is important to stick to what your doctor has recommended. Don't change your dose yourself without your doctors knowledge and don't taper yourself off of it. Remain consistent with your medication and listen to your body. I have read many times that people who have had bad experiences with medication have them because they didn't follow their doctors advice.

Good luck!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Venomsoar

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 09:37:56 AM »
I have just read your other post about the worry you had about having fatal insomnia and this is exactly my reason for taking Zoloft as well :)
Sounds like we are in the same boat.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Drielly84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 01:07:36 PM »
It's nice to know someone else is going through the same thing
I no longer think I have that..... It's genetic and extremely rare
I think my issue is that I begin to get anxious and worry about sleeping the closer it gets to bedtime plus I think my pregnancy hormones are not helping
My husband says that even though I think I'm not sleeping I actually am it's just that my body is adjusting to many things
I'm trying to stay positive and hope the zoloft continues to work otherwise
I will increase to 25 mg soon and am worried about the side effects
But I guess I just have to muscle through it
Bookmark and Share

Tags: