Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?
Anxiety Forums & Chat Rooms

Hit my head hard, scared of sleeping.

Offline Scaredandworried

• Personal text
Hit my head hard, scared of sleeping.
« on: May 20, 2014, 09:12:28 AM »
So today at around 1:00pm I hit my head really hard while getting out of a van, I was standing up and thought I was bending down enough to not hit my head, I was wrong. I was exiting pretty past and hard and then whack, hit my head. I didn't pass out, but there was a lot of pain as soon as I did it. After a bit it went away and a lump on my head developed that hurts when touched.

It's 11:00pm at the moment and I'm too scared to go to sleep because I'm worried about me having a concusion, and what will happen if I fall asleep.

Any advice on what I should do? Thanks.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

Re: Hit my head hard, scared of sleeping.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 09:30:25 AM »
Anybody in the house with you? Quick test to see if you have concussion. Just get them to hold up one finger. Move it left and right slowly. Without turning your head, follow the finger with your eyes only. If you feel dizzy you may have a slight concussion. I think if you closed your eyes you would feel just as dizzy if you had concussion. It is something that passes. Hence a hospital may only keep a patient in from a few hours for mild concussion to over night for more severe concussion. So be good if somebody could do a quick concussion test on you.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Scaredandworried

• Personal text
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 09:46:26 AM »
Sadly everyone else is asleep.

I also forgot to mention that my right ear feels blocked, I think it has something to do with hitting my head...

Edit: I'm lying down now and feel dizzy and disorientated, but my head doesn't hurt. after I hit my head I didn't vomit or have any confusion... Also my shoulder hurts and I can't lift it up, it feels weak. Not sure if had anything to do with this but my anxiety can't help me stop thinking it might..
Bookmark and Share

Offline Emma...

• Personal text
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 04:28:16 AM »
Hey S&W...

Just became a member and saw your post from May.  Wondering how you are doing?

Bookmark and Share