Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: GAD and soon to be dad  (Read 79 times)

Offline Jono_Aussie

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
GAD and soon to be dad
« on: May 20, 2014, 08:04:36 AM »
hi!

so not too soon to be but 9 months soon, I found out today m fiancÚ is pregnant, now it took me ages to propose for fear
of the unknown fear of taking risks like this is it this is for life. I had a similar thought about children..but I thought i would trake things as it comes, now my fiancÚ is pregnant
which is a blessing because she was told she would have trouble having kids.. but now I dunno if its shock or if the anxiety has kicked
in but I feel real scared about it again and fear loosing space or having things change or how things are going to be in 9 months.
any suggestions is appreciated.. maybe some CBT??? I dunno.

I love my fiancÚ except for my constant negative aspects that things will change, what if things go wrong down the track will I be a good dad.. etc...

Bookmark and Share

Online tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
Re: GAD and soon to be dad
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 09:00:09 AM »
You want to do all you can to get relief from doubts and anxiety and fear. Perhaps a therapist, CBT, and gentle guidance.

You'll make a great dad because obviously you are not taking this big chance lightly. You want to do the best you can. And with some help and reassurance you'll get there.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jono_Aussie

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: GAD and soon to be dad
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 07:20:39 PM »
hi thank you for ur reply, i know deep down i will be but its just getting that information through to
my mind that is whats the hardest part but like you said CBT and guidance, we have a big support
system so i have people to talk to but its just having people that also suffer GAD to understand more.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: