Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Biopsy tomorrow...  (Read 489 times)

Offline Joey8924

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Biopsy tomorrow...
« on: May 19, 2014, 09:53:40 PM »
So tomorrow is one of the days I've been waiting for. Over a year ago I found a hard non-movable lump about the size of a pea. 6 months later in October I decided I wanted to get it looked at, not because it grew but because my hypochondria kicked in and I became worried about it even tho it was still the same size as it was 6 months prior. I was sent for a CT scan and nothing came back as concerning especially with it saying there was no nodal necrosis found which I have been told is a good sign. However I didn't like the doctor and the way he handled the situation basically brushing me off as a worrier. So in March I found a new ENT and he sent me for another CT scan and the lump in question is still 1cm.. So it hasn't grown in over a year. But the CT scan something about there being low density in the lymph node which I'm not sure what that means. Now tomorrow is my biopsy which I have been asking for months and now this ENT is finally sending me for it. I'm a little nervous about the process and I'm very nervous about what the results will be. I have to be there at 8:30 AM and I was told it will be 15 mins but I have to be there for 4-5 hours and then I can leave. So if anyone could give me encouragement that would help calm my nerves. Thanks!
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Biopsy tomorrow...
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 10:40:42 PM »
Good luck!  I'm sure it will be fine - were it something sinister it would have grown.
Bookmark and Share

Offline park682

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 11:11:03 PM »
Good luck...I have a couple of hard pea size lumps and my doctor said if something does grow it's good
Bookmark and Share

Offline Joey8924

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 11:42:41 PM »
Thanks for the well wishes!! I was pretty much doing fine anxiety wise all day and now as the night gets shorter I'm starting to get a little more nervous.

And park682 did you mean that your doctor said if something DOESNT grow it's good?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Mamakinrocks

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 11:55:09 PM »
I just received my lumbar MRI results today. Everything was, basically, fine. I have a very small herniated disc,  which caused my sciatica symptoms. I worried myself sick for the past week. Totally on edge, imagining countless awful scenarios, afraid to be near the phone, wasting so much time worrying. I consider myself a reasonably intelligent and rational person.....except when it comes to HA. All common sense goes out the window. Gosh, how I HATE this stupid disorder!! What a waste of time and energy. I am confident that you will be fine
: )
Bookmark and Share

Offline park682

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 06:44:24 AM »

[/quote] And park682 did you mean that your doctor said if something DOESNT grow it's good?
[/quote]

Yes! Sorry, I meant if it doesn't grow it's fine!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2014, 07:15:08 AM »
" low density is a sign of fatty involution "

Joey, I have a pea sized node in front of my right ear that hasn't changed in over 20 years.  All the lymph node talk on this site caused me to point it out to my doc who said I have a 2nd one a bit deeper. There are 3 in that area and they drain from the inner ear and sinuses.  He said nodes that are continually trapping infections (NUMEROUS ear infections until my 50's) can eventually calcify or dry up and harden. It's well within normal size range (1 cm is generally thought to be perfectly normal) and since it hasn't changed, to forget about it and STOP TOUCHING IT. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Joey8924

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2014, 07:36:46 AM »
Thanks so much to everyone who has responded. I know that it's in the normal size range but in the back of my mind I keep thinking the worst. I don't know why..and hopefully this biopsy will finally put my fears to rest for good about it. All of your feedback has been appreciated.

Well it's 7:35 AM here in NY time..time for me to get ready and then off to the hospital for my 8:30 appointment. Yikes...
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2014, 08:08:24 AM »
Good luck. Odds are you will be fine.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline TyeDyedButterfly

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2014, 08:14:57 AM »
good luck and I also have small lumps on my body in different places they stay the same size and the doctor says no worries..
I am sure your test will come out just fine and the test will ease your mind but will you then worry about something else?? we usually do so I do hope you are in therapy .

Hope to hear back how it all went and the results!
Bookmark and Share
PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS !

God is Good all the Time! All the Time God is Good! :)

Offline Joey8924

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2014, 03:17:46 PM »
So I'm now back from my Biopsy. It was a lot of waiting around. I ended up having an ultrasound guided biopsy instead of a CT scan guided one. Since it was decided last minute by the doctor performing it, I had an IV in my arm for 4 hours for no reason! That was annoying and hurt more than the actual biopsy itself. I was told it would be numbed and it wasn't but the pain from the needles was very minimum so I didn't mind. The doctor said it seemed to have trouble at first when trying to locate it with his fingers but luckily he was able to find it in the end. Now the waiting game continues as I wait to hear from the ENT. I was told up to 48 hrs but I kind of want the news after this weekend because I graduate from college on Thursday and I'm having a graduation party this weekend. But on the other hand I want to be able to enjoy this weekend without any worries. It's so annoying that everything had to happen all at the same time
Bookmark and Share

Offline park682

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2014, 08:25:36 PM »
Despite the IV thing, I'm glad it went well. Hoping for good results!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ira

• Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2014, 09:52:57 PM »
Im sure everything is fine Joey  ;D  I've been getting scared over a node I found in my neck, but today I finally realized the swelling had decreased and it takes me a while to find it now. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline park682

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2014, 07:48:08 PM »
Any news Joey?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Joey8924

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2014, 11:41:55 PM »
Hi everyone.

A sort of update: I haven't gotten my results back yet. I was told by the hospital that I would hear from the doctor within 48 hrs. I waited 8 days before I decided to call them up and see what the delay was. Turns out he was away and just getting back in the office and catching up on things, perfect timing for me, now I have to wait for my appointment next Tuesday at 10:45 am.

However, since having the biopsy, the lump has actually shrunk ALOT! I'm hoping that means it wasn't lymphoma and that it was just an infection of some sort. The lump had remained 1cm for over a year, never got bigger, and now that a needle was stuck into it, it shrunk. Well, next Tuesday I find out for sure what's going on.... Still nervous..
Bookmark and Share

Tags: