Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: At my wits end with this headache  (Read 65 times)

Offline jayorz128

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
At my wits end with this headache
« on: May 19, 2014, 08:24:05 PM »
So this the 3rd of 4th time in the past few days that I've posted about this headache I've been having and I'm at my wits end. Last Tuesday I woke up with this dull headache that just got worse as the day got on and I felt like crap all day. Eventually by the time I went to bed the headache subsided and I got a decent nights sleep. I woke up with another dull headache the next day which but the pain never got worse it just stayed a dull headache all day long. Fast forward to today I've had this same dull annoying headache that I just can't get rid of. It's located right over my eyes sometimes it hurts between my nose and sometimes I get a pain in m right temple. For the past 3 days I've woken up with a sore neck as well as the headache. I've tried absolutely everything I can imagine Tylenol, excedrin, sudafed, advil, hot and cold compress and nothing will get rid of it. The only thing that gives me some relief is lying down and relaxing. When I take excedrin the pain goes away but I can still feel this pressure in my forehead. This headache is causing my anxiety to skyrocket about brain tumors and dying. I'm really afraid to call my doctor because I'm convinced that he's gonna order an MRI and it's gonna turn up something terrible.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: At my wits end with this headache
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 09:51:09 PM »
I'm right there with ya. Almost the exact same symptoms - sore neck upon awakening and just a dull ache throughout the entire day. I've tried caffeine, and haven't really tried any pain meds because I don't want a rebound headache. I've had these type of headaches before, but not for weeks on end! I'm also freaking out about a brain tumor. I have an appt with a neurologist 3 weeks from now, but I'm tempted to just go to the ER. If I could afford it, I would.
Bookmark and Share

Offline StrongintheFaith

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 10:15:26 PM »
I'm right there with you...3 weeks of it. My full ache is near temple and back of head. I had a clear catscan so that ruled out the super scary stuff, but can't help but worry about the other possibilities. Like you said...nothing is helping which is super frustrating.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jayorz128

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 10:51:57 PM »
I am hoping that this is due to my seasonal allergies since the pollen levels in my city are extremely high right now according to the weather channel. When I am able to calm down and not completely focus on only my headache I realize that I'm having symptoms of hay fever like sneezing and itchy eyes. My father has the same issues with seasonal allergies as me and he is also dealing with a constant headaches right now as well so that helps.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: