Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Red, hot, itchy ears  (Read 72 times)

Offline Nelly22

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Red, hot, itchy ears
« on: May 19, 2014, 06:59:23 PM »
Does anyone get this as a symptom of anxiety? At random times, either one or both of my outer ears gets super itchy, red, and hot. It seems to be the entire outer part. It happens once or twice a week.  It freaks me out and is very uncomfortable.  Any help?
Bookmark and Share

Offline NytViolet

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Red, hot, itchy ears
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 07:38:09 PM »
Have you ever seen someone who is really embarrassed and their ears will turn red?  Same principle at work here.  You are under severe stress / anxiety, and the blood is rushing to your ears.  Sometimes mine feel hot or itchy for no reason.  Wrap an ice-pack or bag of frozen peas in a dish towel and lay your head on it for a little while... it will help.  Also pay attention to your diet... is it possible that you've eaten something that's triggered an allergic reaction?  If so, just be careful for the next few days and see if it dies down.  Itchy red ears (the external part) is not a symptom of anything serious.  God Bless :)
Bookmark and Share
God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Offline Nelly22

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Red, hot, itchy ears
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 07:48:29 PM »
Thanks for your reply! This has been going on for the better part of a year. I've kept a close eye on what I've eaten, and it doesn't seem to correlate with any certain food in particular. Same with soaps, makeup, etc. I have an extreme fear of deadly allergic reactions, so I pay close attention and my diet is quite limited. Of course I would have to start having a symptom that correlates with one of my biggest fears ::)  Hoping it's just anxiety again!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: