Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Does anyone else get headaches everyday?  (Read 73 times)

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Does anyone else get headaches everyday?
« on: May 19, 2014, 03:43:01 PM »
I seem to get a headache by noon everyday. I'm of course freaking out about a brain tumor. I've been trying to limit my caffeine intake but sometimes I drink more or less than normal, so maybe that's what is contributing to it. They're not severe, just a dull ache all over. I have a neurologist appt in a few weeks that I'm terrified about, but we'll see. Another thing that scares me is that I'm on a medication for my IBS, but it is also prescribed to prevent these type of chronic daily headaches...but I still get them. Ugh. Anyone else who have had headaches like this and it NOT be a brain tumor (MRI came out clean)????
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Does anyone else get headaches everyday?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 04:50:40 PM »
Me! I have been having headaches since last August (daily). I was very scared and went to a Neuro this past December. I passed all the neuro tests they did in the office. I begged him for a MRI since i thought i had a brain tumor.he said I don't have one but he wanted me to feel relieved so he gave me a script for it. My brain was 100% clean!

He gave trigger point injections in my shoulders neck and back and my headaches went away for about 6 weeks. So for me it was all tension. Now my headaches are back and my shoulders are bothering me, so I know it's time to visit my neuro again for trigger points.
I lso have low iron that can cause headaches as well.
Good luck you probably don't have a BT but it's good that you are going to the neuro get get checked!
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline StrongintheFaith

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 05:00:05 PM »
Yep! I just posted today about something similar. I've had a headache for going on 3wks now but had a clear catscan. I'm sure my anxiety over it isn't helping. Hope you get some relief soon!
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 05:05:53 PM »
Thanks guys, that makes me feel better that you had the same symptoms and had a CT or MRI done and all was clear. I had a CT scan of my head done 2.5 years ago for smelling things that weren't there, and all was clear. That, coupled with the fact that I passed 2 neuro exams with 2 different doctors 2 weeks ago, and I've talked to 2 neurologists online and 1 oncologist online and all say I don't have a brain tumor, but I do need to get my anxiety in check (Duh!). My husband and I have started to think about adding baby #3 to the family, but I want an MRI before we start trying. Stupid HA.
Bookmark and Share

Offline NytViolet

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 05:22:19 PM »
I've had headaches (dull ones on the top of my head) that lasted for 2-3 weeks. I was CERTAIN I had a brain tumor. A friend of mine said, "It's sinus".  I laughed at her because it didn't feel "sinusy"... in other words, it wasn't behind the eyes, I didn't have nasal congestion, or any sinus-type symptoms. Regardless, she gave me a generic Sinutab, and 30 minutes later it WAS GONE. I've also had chronic headaches because of my neck being misaligned, allergies and poor posture at work. The internet always makes you worry about the worst case scenario. I'm sure you're fine, and I hope your MD finds a treatment that gets rid of them permanently (because they can really ruin your day).  God Bless :)
Bookmark and Share
God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Tags: