Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Relentless headache...going on 3 weeks....help!  (Read 161 times)

Offline StrongintheFaith

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Relentless headache...going on 3 weeks....help!
« on: May 19, 2014, 03:36:23 PM »
Some of you read my previous post about going to ER bc of numbness in hand and headache. Thankfully, my bloodwork cat scan and  EKG were all clear. Sinuses were clear too. ER dr guessed headaches were migraines and numbness could be related to pinched nerve possibly. Well here we are 3 wks later (from onset) and the headache is still here. It started in my right temple and back of my head. More recently it's just back of my head but on the other side. Dr gave me antibiotic in case it was a deep sinus infec. Ibuprofen and Claritin have had no effect. Ever since onset of headache I have felt off and just not myself. I'm beginning to wonder if all of this is anxiety related. Any experience or thoughts anyone has would be greatly appreciated. I'm tired of not feeling good!
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 41
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Relentless headache...going on 3 weeks....help!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 05:08:14 PM »
Numbness in hand and headache...wouldn't be hugely surprised if you torqued something in your neck.  Have you tried other types of painkillers? 

Do you have stiffness in your neck as well?  That could be exacerbating the problem. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline NytViolet

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 05:53:12 PM »
I had a headache that lasted 3 weeks+.  It was a dull ache and mainly on the top of my head. A friend said, "I'm sure it's sinus" and I laughed at her because it wasn't behind the eyes, and I didn't have nasal congestion, but she gave me a Sudafed and it was gone in 30 minutes!  Unless you're allergic, try a Sudafed or Sinutab.  God Bless :)
Bookmark and Share
God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Offline StrongintheFaith

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 10:20:41 PM »
Mollyfin...I keep thinking something with my neck too because yes, I've had some soreness in my neck on and off too. I even wondered about a pinched nerve.

NytViolet...sinus issue was my very first self-diagnosis but I've had no nasal congestion and had clear sinuses on CT. I still wonder if pressure is possible and to blame.

Thank you for your replies!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 41
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 10:46:32 PM »
It's possible.  I had similar problems when I strained my neck carrying a table down stairs.  Doctor gave me a muscle relaxant that I took for a week or so and told me not to worry about it.  It got better.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: