Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Bulge on lower pelvis / lower abdomen .. muscle?  (Read 884 times)

Offline DaxeUK

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Bulge on lower pelvis / lower abdomen .. muscle?
« on: May 19, 2014, 03:15:31 PM »
Hi all - can anyone relate to this as its worrying me some...
If I arch my back backwards and look down at my right pelvis / lower right abdomen my muscles bulge out far more than my left and seems to create like a balloon effect that when looking down my right bigger than left. I have a small average belly, so if it were just muscle then it would likely push that out with it. It does feel like my obliques flexing but I am worried that something sinister is going on. Is it normal to be far more defined on 1 side to the other? I don't notice anything if im just standing, mainly if I arch / flex. Argh  B-;
Bookmark and Share

Offline DaxeUK

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Bulge on lower pelvis / lower abdomen .. muscle?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 03:43:56 AM »
No one have this? Right more defined than the left... Im worried i got something in my cecum  :traurig001:
I've had ultrasounds for other stuff but never really asked them to look down that way - doctors will think im bonkers if i go back in (which i most likely are  :spineyes:)
Bookmark and Share

Offline DaxeUK

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 03:55:13 AM »
This is the regions (and a bit upwards) - right far more prominent than the left

Bookmark and Share

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 06:46:57 AM »
I just saw a 'Dr. Oz says'....  regarding eating a lot of potatoes, green peas, pastas and other starchy foods.  He said they can lead to "Fecaliths: A hard stony mass of feces in the intestinal tract. A fecalith can obstruct the appendix, leading to appendicitis. Fecaliths can also obstruct diverticuli. Also known as coprolith and stercolith."

His remark was that the harder stool can move VERY slowly through the intestine, spending a lot of time on the right side and cause either appendicitis or even diverticulitis.  Any starchy food will move slowly. The colon will removed too much moisture because of the slow movement.

Since this was discussed as being right in the area you're describing, it made me wonder if it might be your problem.  I looked up some Google images and saw some surgical photos showing a sausage looking thing that was removed from the area of the cecum.  These were of people who became impacted due to NO bowel movement and had to have surgery to remove the feces.

How about using a stool softener or even a laxative this weekend and then changing your diet for awhile to avoid anything starchy to see if that gets rid of the lump? 
Bookmark and Share

Offline DaxeUK

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 08:17:38 AM »
Thanks very much for your reply. I dont feel any hard lumps of bulges in that area, just a bit of bloating in that area really.
I also do not have any bowel problems really or any other symptoms. Appreciate you replying tho :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline DaxeUK

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 07:23:17 AM »
Anyone else got this ???  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: