Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: tremor in thumbs!!!!  (Read 84 times)

Offline yummymommy

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
tremor in thumbs!!!!
« on: May 19, 2014, 10:39:51 AM »
so about 6 months ago, i felt a funny feeling in my left hand, not a weakness, just something i cant describe. then i noticed that when i hold my thumb in a certain position, it has a tremor. naturally, i panicked! i went to see a neurologist, she did a full physical exam and told me everything seems normal thank g-d! but the tremor still remained at certain times, and i didnt give it much attention. Now, 6 months later, i feel the same feeling in my right hand, and can get this tremor too on my right thumb. its not a constant tremor, just at certain times (not sure what triggers it)

please advise as to what this can be? im sooo nervous, please help me calm my nerves. As well, if you have experience with this, can you please help me?
Bookmark and Share

Offline crazymommy

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: tremor in thumbs!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 02:34:19 PM »
I have had this. And it is actually the thing that started my HA a million years ago (well, 20 years lol). I was about 20 and lived with my parents and if I held my thumb a certain way, kind of back towards my wrist, it would shake. My mom was freaked out by it (she likely passed on my tendency towards HA, accidentally of course). So she busts out this book from Johns Hopkins of illnesses. I don't know why we had it. This was pre-internet. She looks up and it says I have MS. It was the first time I saw actual concern on her face for MY health and it kinda freaked me out... I guess it was one of those moments when I realized that yes, I could get sick. While a teenager I was a worried but not about health. I thought, more typically, that I was invincible. This was a momentous shift for me.... And the beginning of a slippery slope.

So anyway, I don't even know when that went away but it pretty much did... Then came back when I was about 34 I think. I could even make my whole hand shake if I held it the right way. Which made me nervous. And then I could shake even more. It was a vicious cycle. Went to the doctor, had a neuro exam from her, she said I was fine. Gradually it went away.

Maybe it was a pinched nerve or just an anxiety symptom. I'll probably never know. But I'm still here and don't have MS.  So my advice is to trust the neuro exam you had and try to stop self checking as much as possible.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: