Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Localized twitching-could it be ***  (Read 244 times)

Offline jsnichols23

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Localized twitching-could it be ***
« on: May 19, 2014, 10:13:19 AM »
Hey guys a question for all of you who have experience with ALS. I have be having twitching in the same localized spot in my forearm for the past 4 days. I am not sure if my arm is getting weaker as it is my non dominant arm.  This is sort of silly but I arm wrestled someone with the arm in question and won--that being said should I consider this as benign or be more concerned?

Thank you, 

Joshua
Bookmark and Share
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:16

Offline Roman

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Localized twitching-could it be ***
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 02:00:32 PM »
Hey josh the twitching in also usually happens when there is noticeable weakness in the affects limb and after the muscles becomeatrophic. So by the tto e the twitching starts you know something really worn. Hope it helps
Bookmark and Share

Offline ShawnW

• Rec's: 22
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 03:58:59 PM »
The weakness almost always happens in the distal portions of the body first...meaning you would no longer be able to button your shirt or open a door by the time the twitching hits.  Twitching is a late sign of ***.  BTW: I just got over a 2 day hot spot in my right arm.  As much as I know about this illness it still unsettles me. 
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Want to know how to address your anxiety?
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93402.msg521266.html#msg521266

Offline adam4little

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 09:26:14 AM »
Try 4 weeks same spot in tongue. hell.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 12:08:18 PM »
You know who has experience with ALS on this forum? Probably nobody.  MAYBE 1-2 people? Maybe? It's a very rare illness so statistically there are probably not a high number of people with ALS on here.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 03:18:09 PM »
ALS is a popular fear on anxiety forums.  why?  because it is devastating.   In the 5+ years as a member here  of the hundreds who have feared it, exactly ZERO people have ever announced being dx'd with it.   you don't have als. at most you wore out a muscle or injured it with the wrestling

go out and enjoy your life.  don't waste a second more worrying about this disease. 
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Jazeraca

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2014, 06:28:06 AM »
Hey josh the twitching in also usually happens when there is noticeable weakness in the affects limb and after the muscles becomeatrophic. So by the tto e the twitching starts you know something really worn. Hope it helps

Exactly this. ALS used to be one of my fears, until someone in my distance family got it (second cousin). There is a marked difference between anxiety sufferer symptoms and actual ALS symptoms it's not even a joke. Twitches, like you said, happen after the weakness begins. And this is not anxiety/depression weakness, either. It's the kind of weakness that you know you have because your arm isn't even strong enough to carry a cup of coffee anymore.
Bookmark and Share
Dx: GAD, DESNOS, Fibro and other physical issues. Nothing serious, but of course my anxious mind will often find something very serious as with other things in my life. Anxiety is a fraud. Anxiety is not YOU or ME, it is an illness.

Tags: