Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Canker sore/sore area under jaw  (Read 149 times)

Offline InTheMoment

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Canker sore/sore area under jaw
« on: May 19, 2014, 08:36:24 AM »
Has anyone ever had this -- I have a canker sore on the inside of my lower lip and the area under my jaw on the same side is sore.  I think it's probably a node, but the node doesn't feel any different than usual (both nodes under my jaw are shoddy and have been palpable for decades).  The soreness under my jaw gets worse when I bend over.  Has anyone else experienced this?
Bookmark and Share

Offline doug65

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Canker sore/sore area under jaw
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 08:39:46 AM »
Yes.  I recently had a canker on upper right side of my mouth and the pain was felt to my lower jaw line.  I think anxiety makes the pain worse.  Canker went away and so did the pain.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 10
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 08:45:46 AM »
Canker sores are caused by viruses that find little cracks or bite marks, breaks in the skin. YES, it is very common to have a swollen or sore lymph node with a canker sore.  I've actually noticed the soreness before I developed a huge canker sore. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline InTheMoment

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 10:34:06 AM »
Oh, I'm glad to hear that someone else felt the soreness before the canker developed.  I was a little worried about that.

Also -- has anyone had the node hurt more when bending over?  AND -- has anyone ever had the area around the node be a little itchy?  Normal?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: