Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: After you park your car. Still feel like your moving/rolling.  (Read 173 times)

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Pissed
    Pissed
    • Poke This Member
Having this quite often. Panic sets in when it occurs. Parked my car outside my uncles just now and felt like I was still moving for a few. Not helping my off balance sensation go away what so ever. My off balance feeling felt fine until about 30 minutes of waking up this morning. Then been having slight on and off headache ache/dull pain on right side of head now the swaying is back. Don't know if headache made me think morning headache from brain tumor along with off balance OR if headache made me think morning brain tumor headache which panicked me and caused the dizziness to come back.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
Re: After you park your car. Still feel like your moving/rolling.
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 05:51:36 AM »
Yes, that has happened.  Or if I stop at a light I see the street just going and going in front of me.  That happens to my mom and my Grandfather said it happened to him a lot
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 17
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 06:14:37 AM »
This is actually a really cool illusion. Your brain gets confused, just a little. But I can show you how to trigger it intentionally, in a safe environment, so you can be sure its just an illusion.

check out this nifty video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTHDlmAcA3E It has an effect that continues through the entire duration. watch it, looking at the middle, without looking away. When the video stops, you'll see what I mean.

People also really commonly experience it on roller coasters. In short, it's something everyone has to varying degrees. Most people just don't get upset by it, so its not noteworthy to mention. Anxiety sufferers are a bit more prone to worrying about, well, everything. Its one of the things that makes panic so miserable. How random things set it off for no good reason.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 09:15:58 AM »
This is actually a really cool illusion. Your brain gets confused, just a little. But I can show you how to trigger it intentionally, in a safe environment, so you can be sure its just an illusion.

check out this nifty video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTHDlmAcA3E It has an effect that continues through the entire duration. watch it, looking at the middle, without looking away. When the video stops, you'll see what I mean.

People also really commonly experience it on roller coasters. In short, it's something everyone has to varying degrees. Most people just don't get upset by it, so its not noteworthy to mention. Anxiety sufferers are a bit more prone to worrying about, well, everything. Its one of the things that makes panic so miserable. How random things set it off for no good reason.

That is cool!  I never knew it to be an illusion!  Apparently it is!
Bookmark and Share

Offline TarheelBabe1980

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 09:27:59 AM »
Typical MAV/anxiety symptom....i know firsthand.  Get the MRI for peace of mind, then a migraine dr who can help you feel better
Bookmark and Share

Offline fhestia

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 02:00:11 PM »
Yep, this happens any time I travel in a car.  Once the motion stops, when I get out I still feel like I'm moving.  I also feel this sensation after being in a pool.  Once I get out, I still feel like I'm bobbing.  Elevators cause it, too.  Even going up or down a few floors, when I exit the elevator, it still feels like I'm moving.  I also get dizzy when my hair stylist lets the chair down too quickly or if my dentist leans me back too far in the dental chair.  I am a mess of instability.  But guess what.  I do not have a brain tumor and I had the tests to prove it.  It's benign positional vertigo and pretty manageable.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: