Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Saying hello..is there someone like me out there  (Read 60 times)

Offline mabdancer

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Saying hello..is there someone like me out there
« on: May 19, 2014, 01:01:40 AM »
Hi everyone
Im new to this forum.  I had been diagnosed with GAD in 98.   I have had it in check since then with no meds.  However after loosing some people to different cancers in my life, I'm now freaking out that I have it.  I've had some stomach issues, and my biopsy was negative, but I'm convinced it was wrong.  I've had all kinds of test done and they all come back fine.  Still that doesn't stop me from worrying.  Today wasn't a good day.  I have cried all day thinking I'm sick and may die.  Is there anyone out there who can relate.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Saying hello..is there someone like me out there
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 09:26:40 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Myocdragon

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
Re: Saying hello..is there someone like me out there
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 09:32:21 AM »
Hey Mabdancer,
Go read the hypochondria board. A substantial percentage of people there think they are dying from cancer despite negative test results. You don't have cancer, but you do have a mental illness. It sucks, but it's treatable, and this particular challenge your facing right now is temporary. I'm sorry for your losses.

Welcome to the forums.
MyOCDragon
Bookmark and Share
I'm not crazy, I've just lost my mind

anything