Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Is this hypochondria?  (Read 85 times)

Offline emmmmaaaa

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
Is this hypochondria?
« on: May 18, 2014, 07:41:09 PM »
For the past six months, I have constantly been on alert for any signs of psychosis, schizophrenia, or any other mental illnesses that people would deem "crazy". I have been diagnosed with multiple anxiety disorders, and every therapist I go to seems to think it's something different- I have been diagnosed with panic disorder, hypochondria, and obsessive compulsive disorder. Normally, I'm constantly worried about vomiting (emetephobia), but when I was put on Zoloft for my anxiety, it shifted to a major hypervigilance surrounding my mental health, as I felt "crazy" on the Zoloft. Although most likely unrealistic, I feel that every single day I will break down and go completely psychotic, due to all the stress, anxiety, and depression I've had lately. I have found it extremely difficult to find any solace and reassurance that I'm mentally healty (despite my anxiety), even though my therapist tells me each week that I'm too sane- I just find it really hard to believe for some reason, because something has constantly felt "off" in my brain for the past six months. I constantly worry that I will lose control or somehow commit ***** (I don't mean that I want to commit *****, I just mean that I worry constantly that I will snap and do so, but of course I wouldn't even dare make a plan to *****, so it's pretty unrealistic, I just get these horrible intrusive thoughts from my OCD that present themselves in the form of "I want to *****", followed by me constantly evaluating and ruminating over my thoughts). I have this ominous feeling that I will soon lose it, that I will no longer be able to attend school, function normally, and be put into a mental hospital. Please help, I'm absolutely terrified!! :(
Bookmark and Share
OCD // Emetephobia // Hypochondria //

Offline jayorz128

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is this hypochondria?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 09:26:11 PM »
Thats classic hypochrondriasis I tell myself that I'm going crazy all the time but I'm not and neither are you because a person who has legitimately lost their mind thinks their actions are completely rational even though they aren't. You know these anxious thoughts aren't rational amd thats why you're not crazy.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: