Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Total Panic/Depersonalization/Unreal  (Read 274 times)

Offline emmiesuz

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Total Panic/Depersonalization/Unreal
« on: May 18, 2014, 07:28:12 PM »
Hi
I am an anxiety, OCD, Depression Depersonalization sufferer.  I am on meds and doing quite well.  Right now I am jumping out of my skin.  Had a great Sunday relaxing.  Fell asleep from 5:30-6:30 and woke up TOTALLY disoriented.  Panic.  Feel unreal....feel like a loony.  Thoughts are everywhere. Feel like at any moment I could run out in the street naked screaming.....fell sick and spacey and drugged.  Anyone else feel this?!?!?!  PLEASE????
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Total Panic/Depersonalization/Unreal
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 05:46:04 AM »
That would be the depersonalization. Very little you can do there till it settles down. You could maybe try and find something to distract yourself. That might bring you back to your sense. I have heard of people using lose elastic bands on the wrists. Just ' sling ' the band. At times it can snap them out of that state of mind. Has to be a lose one. Don't want to cut the blood flow off with a tight one. Might work for you.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Rob783

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 01:38:44 PM »
When your asleep a different part of the brain is working. Sometimes when we get suddenly awoken that sub part of the brain is still on.  It takes several seconds for the normal part of the brain to switch on and basically bring you back to normal.  Of course by then your in a panicked state thinking you're going nuts.  It happens emmiesuz, I'd wake up still in a dreamlike state once in awhile.  It turned out I have sleep apnea and I was getting woke up due to lack of oxygen.
Bookmark and Share

Offline algeus

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 03:48:26 AM »
I guess that what you are describing happens to most of us,GAD sufferers,in one frequency or another. Yes,it's terrifying,yes,it's happening when you are suddenly awake,and yes - it will go away shortly after.
Bookmark and Share

Offline shaggy

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 02:13:58 PM »
This happens to me so often its annoying. i know how you feel :( ill take a nap and wake up very anxious and with bad depersonlization. its very scary but it goes away after a while.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: