Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: New here....health scare and anxiety  (Read 109 times)

Offline Rellyrod

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New here....health scare and anxiety
« on: May 18, 2014, 07:18:25 PM »
Hello! This is my first time posting on this site.  About 8 weeks ago, after working out with a slight shoulder injury, my left arm started to tingle.  It would go away shortly after, but still annoying.  I quit with my crossfitting, and started running to give my shoulder a break.  About a month ago, I ran, then was stretching with a resistance band and noticed my left hand and foot tingling.  I immediately (and stupidly) started googling symptoms.  When MS popped up, I freaked.  My doctor sent me in for an mri with and without contrast, and a neurologist performed nerve tests on me.  All came back clear.  My symptoms are all still there, along with some in my right hand and foot now.  My face had some tingling in it as well as my lips, and having muscle spasms but I haven't eaten or drank much water in over a week.  Doc thinks that is anxiety.  My family thinks I should be relaxed with the test results, but all I keep thinking is " 5% of all Ms cases have clear tests".  I've slipped into a serious depression, and started Zoloft a week ago.  After not being able to function the past 2 weeks, my doc also gave me Xanax.  I feel so scared and hopeless.  I have an almost 5 year old son, and I feel like I can barely do many thing with him besides the basics.  I'm starting therapy sessions tomorrow, and going to go in for hormonal testing this week......but I just feel like nothing will help.  I feel like I have this debilitating disease and I can't get better.  Mornings are the worst, with my evenings only slightly better.  I'm missing out on precious time with my family, but I can't get over this. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline canadianman88

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New here....health scare and anxiety
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 10:08:11 PM »
Hey there, im new here also. Im just wondering have you only seen the one doctor? A second opinion can never hurt, doctors are people just like everyone else and may mistake something for something it is/isnt. Just a thought, i truly hope everything turns out ok for you so you can get back to having fun with your child. Best wishes.

Kyle
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 163
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 05:36:27 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline jilllayy

• Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 11:25:25 AM »
Hey there!
I can definitely relate regarding the neurological symptoms but one thing i know is that sensory symtoms such as tingling is a good sign. When you experience real issues without the sensory is when you have something maybe to even worry about and even then chances are its nothing!

Keep in mind, although very scary MS can be managed and is rarely fatal of at all fatal! Relax a bit (wow me tling other people to relax when im a mess as well lol )
Bookmark and Share

Offline fjcfjc

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 11:57:00 AM »
I can relate to that, I had a sudden fainting feeling one day and googled stroke symptoms and it freaked me out into this anxiety. I dont think you have MS, you said it started from a shoulder injury, did your mri scan your spine? or was it just your brain? it could be a slipped disc problem , which is nothing compared to MS.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: