Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Urine darker than usual  (Read 185 times)

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 39
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Urine darker than usual
« on: May 18, 2014, 03:48:22 PM »
Okay, I feel downright stupid for even posting this but between my lymphoma worries, melanoma worries and my friend's very real ovarian cancer, I'm a little more worried than usual about something probably insignificant.

I'm thirsty a lot more than usual and my pee is darker than it usually is.  That's the odd thing - usually if I were drinking this much, or even if I were drinking less, my pee is usually colorless.  But now I'm going every hour and it's always some shade of yellow.  (No, no dietary changes, weird food dyes, etc.) 

I told my girlfriend and she declared it "weird, but probably not significant."  But being in the place I'm in right now, I'm worrying about a lot of things, and I guess now some weird kidney problem or something is part of those worries.  Yay.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jenny09

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Urine darker than usual
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 06:47:04 PM »
Hi, I think if you were having kidney problems or bladder problems you would have pain in the back area and burning when you pee. Do you take a multivitamin or other supplements with the B vitamins? Because they are secreted from your body in your urine. If you have to much of it no matter what you drink your urine will be bright shades of yellow. I don't think you have anything to worry about if you have no fever or pain.
Take Care
Bookmark and Share

Offline skyisblue

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 06:50:08 PM »
Hi,

I had bouts of this before. One time, I could have sworn my pee was brown!

The doctor told me that dehydration could cause it even without us knowing it.
I was told that unless you have any trouble urinating (pain, over retention,etc), then it isn't really something significant.

I am confidemt your urine will go back to its uual color. Just a random piece of advice though: try not looking at your urine. My HA has actually made me not tp look at my urine for more than a year now and I feel super better lol
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 39
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 07:34:09 PM »
Nope, no vitamins, though I really should be taking them!  I'm also way more well-hydrated than usual thanks to my nonstop drinking, but who knows?  It's summer, I'm sweating more, etc.  Since I otherwise feel okay I'll ignore it for now but it's in the back of my mind. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: