Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Is this an Existential Crisis?  (Read 95 times)

Offline 59Ballons

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Is this an Existential Crisis?
« on: May 18, 2014, 09:59:32 AM »
 :action-smiley-065: :action-smiley-065: :action-smiley-065:

Hi everyone! Im a 15 year old boy, and have recently (for the past 2 months) gone through absolute hell. I was questioning life, why we exist, I had Depersonalization, Derealization, bouts of hopelessness, I felt like I was the only person in the world, I had strong feelings of dread and I felt completely pointless, and I was scared of my own body and mind. But now, it has calmed down a bit.. And now Im left with a "weird" feeling. I'll be doing an every-day activity (like writing) and all of a sudden I'll be like "wow, this is weird." Earlier today I was hanging a potted plant on my front porch for my mom, and all of a sudden I was like "wow, why am I doing this, life is pointless, it doesn't matter in the end". It's exhausting to feel weird and pointless about LIFE itself.. Like what else is there? I hate my mind for doing this to me... I feel like the life I was living in earlier was fake and all of a sudden I've woken up and realized how futile and pointless it all is. I feel super-conscious of my existence, and depressed.

Anyone else?
Bookmark and Share
Distraction is life's best remedy.

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is this an Existential Crisis?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 12:30:58 PM »
Hang in there, 59.  We all go through weird days now and then.  I'm a philosophical guy myself.  You are young.  There's more
to life than what you can see now.  I'm 55 and I've seen life can be beautiful and fun and meaningful.  And I've seen days when life
seems pointless and full of dread.  I believe the great days are true and the pointless days are my mind tricking me.

I don't have a perfect life. But it's a work in progress. And I have hope.
Bookmark and Share