Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: PLEASE HELP  (Read 129 times)

Offline Jonnysmith

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
PLEASE HELP
« on: May 18, 2014, 06:33:51 AM »
I need help or advice. Basically for a few years now I am suffering from a major phobia of epilepsy. Ever since I was younger I have had this fear, I am so scared its untrue. I am actually pretty certain I have epileosy or a seizure disorder but my neurologist and doctor shrug it off as possible anxiety. Basically I get these frequent intense episodes of deja vu out of the blue then a wave of nausea and fatigue wash over me as well as the uncomfortable stomach feelings. I start panicking and sweat profusely with it. These can happen daily, weekly, monthly. I also get this intense fear with the deja vu which I have read on numerous websites its related to temporal lobe epilepsy. My memory has gone worse since having these episodes and I am so scared these will eventually get worse and turn into grand mal seizures. I also get continuous random memory flashbacks of my life not bad memories but strange and intense, I am currently going through depersonalisation feelings too and can't distinguish my reality life which feels like a dream. I am just frightened so much that I have epilepsy and it is my biggest fear in life. I have had one EEG and MRI recently and both came back normal. I must add I get body twitches and jerks both awake and in sleep. Can anyone give me some advice whether they reckon this seizures or epilepsy? Or can anxiety cause these deja vu and strange sensations of adrenalin and panic feeling?. I must add I get these weird electrical surge feelings in my head sometimes which make me feel like I am falling. PLEASE HELP ME
Bookmark and Share

Offline doug65

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: PLEASE HELP
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 09:44:15 AM »
Anxiety.  Especially since your EEG & MRI are normal.  Those are classic symptoms of a panic attack.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Offline Jonnysmith

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 06:33:53 PM »
Hi doug thanks for responding thing is though I am getting these frequent deja vu episodes and memory has gone worse with this. It leaves me feeling scared and racing heart. These deja vu feelings on lots of websites when I google say its seizure aura and I am feeling very scared by this. Can anxiety cause deja vu episodes or am I on the verge of grand mal seizures?
Bookmark and Share

Offline doug65

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 09:16:06 PM »
Again, your EEG & MRI were normal.  Our minds can do amazing things, positive & negative.  Unless your doctor picked up on something else, it's likely anxiety.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Tags:

anything