Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Health anxiety getting worse! I was doing well until last night  (Read 247 times)

Offline bittersweetlife

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
Ok so my health anxiety was getting a bit well for the past few days until last night i woke up had a slight night sweat and my upper shirt (right side of my shirt to be exact) was slightly damp or i would like to call it moisty. But no wet traces felt when i touched my skin on my shoulder/neck area. I looked into the mirror and i see no wet spot traces on my upper right shirt but i can feel that my upper right shirt was slightly damp/moisty. The bedsheets are not even drenched but still the weird thing is that i was not anxious before i went to sleep. And i was sleeping on a air conditioned room!!!!!!!

Ok so imma gonna give you some details the night before my bedtime.
So, we went to have a buffet dinner at a Korean restaurant (Heavy meal! Spicy meals!) and afterwards had sweets like ice cream sandwich and then before we went home i ordered a grande sized Starbucks Frappuccino, which contains caffeine and sugar. And lastly before when i was about to fall asleep, i take some candy called vicks vapocool which contains sugar; 65.2g.

But those food trips happened around 8pm to 12am. And went to sleep around 2am onwards and woke up around 4am something. I hope what happened last night was related to my diet last night. SO FAR; No fevers, No weight loss (Weight gain i guess!), and no lumps! (Oh my God why did i said that?! I am also damn scared of lumps!)

And now i am afraid to go to sleep tonight! I hope someone can shed a light for me, reassured me. Feeling doomed that Hodgkin's Lymphoma (the one that I've been fearing of ever since) is happening! Stupid stupid Heath Anxiety!
Bookmark and Share
"There's a time & a place to die.. but this ain't it"

Hakuna Matata - "It means no worries"

“Anxiety's like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you very far.” - Jodi Picoult, Sing You Home

Offline Mika

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Health anxiety getting worse! I was doing well until last night
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 04:14:51 AM »
If it's the night sweats you're concerned about, they tend to happen for a variety of reasons. I used to get them all the time for months and then POOF, they just vanished. Certain medications can cause them too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bittersweetlife

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 04:27:02 AM »
Hi. I don't take any medications such as anti depressants for anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

“Anxiety's like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you very far.” - Jodi Picoult, Sing You Home

Offline bittersweetlife

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 11:12:02 AM »
Can't take this any longer! I don't wanna sleep tonight!

Can long term anxiety sufferer cause night sweats?
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 11:56:54 AM »
It can and it does! 
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyDachshundLady

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 03:47:05 PM »
This same thing happened to me last night too! I've been on and off fearing breast cancer and lymphoma for the last month and a half. I've heard anxiety can cause sweating. I'm not on any medications either so I thought it was weird but I was not drenched in sweat and I have no other symptoms of the disease. I'm just trying to chalk it up to my anxiety I've been having over breast cancer the last few weeks. I'm sure you are fine too. Sweating can be common with anxiety :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline bittersweetlife

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 10:11:39 PM »
Hi, Crazydachshundlady. Wait? Are you also experiencing sweating at night or you wake up sweating? Not really soaking wet just a slight wet.

How long does this happen to you? Are you sure you are not on any anxiety medications?

Mine was i woke up suddenly slightly sweaty all over my neck. I feel also panicky and when i try to get back to sleep again, i calm myself, drink some water and when i get back to sleep i did not sweat again.

Does anxiety has a great connection from night sweats? Especially if you are about to sleep and feeling worried or anxious that you might get night sweat?
Bookmark and Share

Offline bittersweetlife

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2014, 08:15:52 AM »
Anyone?
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyDachshundLady

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2014, 11:51:44 AM »
I woke up just a bit moisty and in a panic as well. I am not taking any anxiety medications because I really don't like the side effects of them, I try to manage my anxiety through a healthy diet and exercise, which works most of the time unless something triggers the anxiety. Going to sleep anxious can cause you to sweat though, it's just a side effect of it. Especially if you are feeling panicky upon waking, you are most likely having an anxiety attack in your sleep and waking up sweaty as a result. If I'm really anxious before bed I usually try a quick yoga routine to calm down or watch a funny movie. The best thing you can do is try to keep your mind off of it for the time being and after 2 weeks if symptoms persist see your dr. I'm very sure that your sweats are from anxiety. From what I've heard night sweats are when you wake up soaking wet, not just a little damp. I hope you feel better soon and the sweating goes away. Best of luck!
Bookmark and Share

Offline bittersweetlife

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2014, 11:03:16 PM »
Hi Crazydachshundlady, i had a good night sleep last night. I tried to calm myself and did some prayers last night and what's weird is that i sleep on the floor and put a comforter underneath the floor.

I hope i will be fine. So far i don't get any fevers, or any weight loss. Is that a good thing right?

And my "night sweats" are not even soaking wet but just a slight sweating around my neck and head.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: