Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Does anybody else get unexplained scratches? Help, I am terrified.  (Read 274 times)

Offline skyisblue

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello all,

I noticed an hour ago that on the right side of my face (near the ear), I have around 3 very light and fine scratches. Probably only a little thicker than a hairline. Nobody else has noticed it. I only saw it when I was washing my face and felt it. It's a typical surface scratch which feels a bit rough to touch.

I've had this before but I tried to ignore it. I really do not recall myself scratching that area that hard in order for it to mark.

I know I have some usual areas where I scratch myself but I don't leave marks in those areas.

Now I am seriously freaking out as I feel that this could be some kind of serious dermatological condition.

I tried to search the web for unexplained scratches and I came across people saying that it could be supernatural stuff like demons and spirits. Okay, I am not the most superstitious person in the world, but I am really terrified of it. :(

Does anybody else get this? :( I am scared of some medical condition and some supernatural stuff (I know it sounds silly). :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Does anybody else get unexplained scratches? Help, I am terrified.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 05:14:13 PM »
Hi, well this has happened to me before....I felt that there was a scratch on my back, it felt like a raised scab; it was about a couple inches long---I had no idea how it got there.  It has happened a few times since.  My theory is that it happens in my bed because I ran my hand over my sheet to see if there was anything rough on it, and I felt something that felt like a tiny rock.  My husband occasionally works in his workshop and is sometimes too tired to shower before bed----so I think that little rock is what scratched me.  Could be the same for you.  Don't know if I believe the supernatural theory though.

Take care! :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 05:49:06 PM »
Not only has that happened, I woke up with a DEEP gash in my arm!(over a year ago)  I have no clue what that was from.  I actually have a SCAR from it! 
I asked the doctor about it next time I was there and she didn't seem to think it was anything sinister.  So a few scratches are nothing.  You probably scratched yourself and don't recall.  See if you nails are "ragged".
Bookmark and Share

Offline jhoule22xx

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 09:31:00 PM »
I just experienced the same thing. I think it was from my tag on my sweatshirt. There was 12 sctatches. I researched and found nothing
Bookmark and Share

Offline skyisblue

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 06:51:07 PM »
Thanks guys for all the replies. It is strange as I do not have pets.

I just hope I stop worrying about this soon.

Bookmark and Share

Online Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 07:02:05 PM »
I've found those scratches, too.  I try to recreate what I've done that day to see if I can find the cause.  Sometimes I remember hitting my face or neck with a brush type stuff. Once it was on the back of my neck. I finally took off my shirt and searched it really well. You know those plastic price tag holders?  A tiny piece of that was in the neck seam!  It must have been there for months and just worked its way out enough to scratch me.

Look at your rings or other jewelry, too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 40
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 07:35:39 PM »
If I have dry skin I scratch really easily.  I have four cats and a tendency to be itchy, so surprising scratches aren't uncommon for me. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: