Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Chocolate, Sugar and Anxiety  (Read 80 times)

Offline Raichoo

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Chocolate, Sugar and Anxiety
« on: May 17, 2014, 04:03:57 PM »
Hello again. I had a question, not sure where to put it, but I thought this would be correct since this is about my diet, which I am attempting to change in the hopes it might decrease my anxiety. See, I am a chocaholic, or I was. I loved my chocolate and sugary things and whatnot but I read that they can possibly negatively impact anxiety. Seeing as I have run into people who cut these out from their diet and experienced a noticeable change in their anxiety levels I figured I'd give it a shot. I only recently started a few weeks ago, but combined with my few but effective calming mechanisms I have, it seems that it might be working a bit (at the moment it feels as if the anxiety is lurking right below the surface as it is not completely gone but better-but it has a tendency to jump up to what it was before). Thing is though, well, I miss my chocolate haha. I have been eating fruit to satisfy my sugar cravings but I still haven't found anything without artificial sugars and caffeine that I can use to satisfy my chocolate cravings. Does anyone know of any good things they use as chocolate substitutes? Thanks in advance.
Bookmark and Share

Offline e77

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Chocolate, Sugar and Anxiety
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 04:38:21 PM »
I too love chocolate and sweets and I agree with you that too much of these things makes me prone to anxiety/panic.  No easy replacement for these tasty treats.  Lately I've been trying portion control.  Having a little, or maybe a little more than that, but stopping before I binge and spreading out the time between the occasions I indulge.  I also monitor my weight and blood sugar as additional reminders to back off when Im starting to get into a pattern of too many sweets.  For the most part it has been helpful.  Its also nice to lose weight and have more even moods and more energy. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: