Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: allergies, or something else?  (Read 124 times)

Offline daviezmom

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
allergies, or something else?
« on: May 17, 2014, 02:41:03 PM »
Hi all!   :action-smiley-065:

I'm not usually a severe allergy sufferer, so I'm confused as to what's going on and would really appreciate some feedback. 

Most often, during the months of October and April, I will get a nagging dry cough.  My throat will feel "heavy".  That's the only way I can describe it.  It doesn't have a tickle, and it doesn't hurt.  Just irritated and heavy, like I smoked a cigarette or something.  My doctor had told me years ago that the dry cough was from the air, due to living in the Midwest (crops and whatnot)

Well, so like clockwork, I got the same cough and heaviness in my throat (down by where my neck and collarbone meet) in April.  However, it's still there and it's now mid May (anxiety trumphs, I'm freaking!) Along with that, I also wake up nearly every day with a dull headache.  Nothing that requires any medicine, it's nothing severe at all.  Just an annoyance (and another anxiety trigger).  Plus I get dull body aches often.  I'm not sick, so I know it's not the flu, although the aches feel fluish, just not as severe.  I also get the "burning sensation" in my sinuses like a cold is coming on, although like I said, I'm not sick. 

So my question is, do people with allergies have these symptoms?  I don't have the typical allergy symptoms.  No watery eyes, scratchy throat, no congestion or runny nose. 

My MAIN fear is the dull body aches and the "heavy throat feeling" along with the occasional urge to cough (dry). 

I have my yearly physical coming up in a few weeks, at which time I'll run this all by my doc, but in the meantime, I'd like some feedback :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline daviezmom

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: allergies, or something else?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 04:47:53 PM »
No one else suffer from this???
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxietygal

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 04:55:22 PM »
FWIW,  I normally have mild seasonal allergies.  But they have been awful this year - sneezing, coughing, itchy eyes, burning sinuses, chest congestion, headaches, body aches - there have even been days where my heart rate was jumping up with any activity and the only reason I didn't totally freak out was that another family member was doing the same thing and the pollen level was super high. 

Everyone I know says there allergies are the worst never this year.  I can't wait until this is over!
Bookmark and Share

Offline daviezmom

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 10:49:09 PM »
Thank you for responding!  So body aches are a normal allergy symptom, then?
Bookmark and Share

Online Descent

• Rec's: 1
  • Only thing to fear is fear itself
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 10:56:12 PM »
Body aches? You insist you're not sick, but it almost sounds like you have a mild viral cold of some sort. Or it could be bad allergies. I wouldn't be surprised, either way.
Bookmark and Share
Generally afraid of: Bacterial infections, toxic ingestions

Tags: