Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Just Started  (Read 33 times)

Offline Taz0123

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Just Started
« on: May 16, 2014, 10:33:05 PM »
Hello everyone. Another newbie here.

Not sure where to start or what to say without laminating about my life story...but, well might as well tell you a little about me.

I was hospitalized with depression when I was 10 years old, for about the summer to autumn stretch on months. I'm not sure what the root cause was way back then (maybe school, social anxiety, me not fitting in with any of my family at all and parents getting divorced), but I marked the start of my struggle with my mental health. I kind of coasted and bounced around a little before landing where I am now.

Recently I noticed a lot more mood and emotional changes in myself, and sought out help. I found a short-term councillor through my work EAP program (which I am thankful for, since I live on my own and don't have a real support system in place.) I finally found a GP in my city who is an at tentative, genuinely concerned and professional doctor and not just a prescription-writer. I'm still working on finding a psychiatrist who could also help me further with a diagnosis of just what's going on in my headspace.

I've always known I was a little "different" in the brain-scape, even having people ask outright if I was bipolar, but lately just making it through the work-week is an absolute struggle uphill.

It's no big secret to me or my councillor that my high-stress job has aggravated all of my emotional symptoms to the breaking point. I could write a novel thick enough to rival one of GRR Martin's about how much I loathe and hate my current workplace and everything about it, but for now I will only say that it is definitely a beyond-toxic environment that isn't just eating me up but other people too. I've gotten to the point where I am so utterly desperate to get out of my current job that I am searching outside of my skillset into different fields just to escape.

What feels like the only thing that is keeping me sane right now is playing D&D with a new bunch of other 20-somethings in the city which I am so lucky and grateful I found. I missed playing pen and paper games so much and love being a nerd with other nerdy people. I hang onto that with a desperation that is so damn startling just to make it through "one more week in hell".

So...yeah. That's a bit about me. Just trying to get better and survive.
Bookmark and Share

Offline crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Just Started
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 04:38:20 AM »
Hi Taz,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Tags: