Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Pulsating in the head?  (Read 128 times)

Offline Allie33

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Pulsating in the head?
« on: May 16, 2014, 06:59:50 PM »
Haven't been on here in a while! Can't say it's nice to be back due to the circumstances, haha. But hello, all!

Anyways, lately I've noticed when I'm laying down, mostly, I feel a heavy pulse in the back of my head? Now, I've dealt with the fear of brain tumors/brain cancer for months now. This fear comes and goes, but now it seems to be back. Sadly. I'm almost 19 (my birthday is next week!) and this is getting old. I'm starting college this fall and I plan on becoming an RN (funny, right? A hypochondriac becoming a nurse). Sometimes I feel a weird achy pain right at the bade of my skull and a neck rub will help sometimes, but it doesn't help with the heavy pulsating I feel. Any idea of what it could be? :/
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nelly22

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pulsating in the head?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 08:40:27 PM »
I don't think it's anything to worry about. I started getting back of the neck and head pain a few months ago. I also started feeling the heavy pulsing as I was focusing on this. Of course got an MRI/MRA and everything was just fine. I have terrible posture and tension which I think is the cause of the neck and head pain for me. Focusing on that just caused me to notice the strong pulse that had always probably been there. Sometimes it feels like my head is bouncing off my pillow from this, but I just try to accept that this is normal and not dangerous. Hope you get over this soon :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: