Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 28 times)

Offline vamoose

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello
« on: May 16, 2014, 06:19:32 PM »
Hi there, I'm Nicole... I'm 23 and from the states.  Recently going through some pretty tough anxiety problems specifically phobia/ocd.  I've struggled with anxiety all my life though.  It probably started when I was just a kid because my dad was always so strict and sometimes very cruel throughout growing up.  I developed some typical self esteem/daddy type issues and am now pretty much afraid of my own shadow.  While I was a teen I was already a mess.  Mostly with depression.  My parents didn't know how to handle me so they pretty much used neglect as their strategy.   I wound up in the wrong crowd and dating a really bad guy.  I was 17 when I met him and he was 23.  He treated me like dirt for 3 years but I stuck with him because I had no one and my parents pretty much disowned me.  My anxiety got really really bad at this point in my life and ever since I feel like I've been in a downhill battle with an array of mental illnesses.  Things have gotten better now that I ditched my ex and have begun to repair the relationship with my parents but I'm still pretty mentally scarred.  I really don't know what my actual diagnoses are because I don't have the money to afford a psychiatrist/therapist.  Last time I was in therapy at 16 it was Depression/Anxiety but I think things have become more complicated since then. 

Anyways, when I'm having a good day I absolutely love being outdoors.  I love taking care of my two pets, reading, traveling, and drawing.  I'm quite shy (obviously) but I do love being around people once I'm like 100000% comfortable with them lol.  So yeah, there's a bit about me.  I've been lurking this forum for quite some time now and though I may as well join.  It would be nice to have something of a support system since in my real life that is virtually non existent.  And of course I'd like to be able to finally post responses because I  have read so many posts by people I would have loved to reach out to and try to help as best as I can.  :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 163
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 05:57:50 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: