Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Need support and reassurance please help anxiety is very bad now!  (Read 279 times)

Offline Drielly84

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I don't even know where to begin......
Suffered with GAD anxiety panic depression since I was 17 was put on celexa and trazedone and did well on those after the initial adjustment period.  Even though I went through periods of high anxiety and GAD I managed and the past several years felt the meds weren't helping much but still did okay and used xanax sparingly to get me through the rough patches..... The minute I found out I was pregnant I stopped meds cold turkey and after the withdrawal did okay up until about 2 weeks ago where my panic attacks were almost every night and finally went to my OB who put me on 50 mg I zoloft after  4 days I went down to 25 mg to see if the side effects would lessen particularly the insomnia and breakthrough anxiety
After 9 days on zoloft I was given the okay to stop but
I have become so worried and stressed out about my broken sleep and have it stuck in my head that I may have fatal insomnia
My psych. Is not very helpful and I'm going to a new one next week
Benadryl and unisom don't work well as I have ambien but it only works for a few hours and then I'm up and anxious about why I'm awake sometimes I can fall back asleep and sometimes I can't :(
I need to know that I'm not alone and that someone out there has been through bad GAD anxiety insomnia and has gotten through it
Please no scary stories I can't handle it
I even went to the ER in hopes to try and by immediate help because I'm so depressed and scared but since I'm not trying to hurt myself they said there wasn't much they could do
My OB wants me to try 12.5 of zoloft again tonight with the ambien and for me to give the zoloft a chance
I'm scared and don't want to live like this anymore
Bookmark and Share

Offline Julie A. Cook

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Need support and reassurance please help anxiety is very bad now!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 06:38:17 PM »
Dreilly, i have see n your nae of chat and I know what you are going through.  Now that you are pregnant, you have two people to worry about.  I have a very wonderful GP who also a PhD who has proescribed oloft for me foryears. He is extreme;y conservative, but he told me zoloft was so safe it was being prescrib ed to pregnant women.

If you trust your doctor, take the zoloft.  I Was off it for many months, and I have just gone back on again after being on Lexpro which really wasn't working.  After just a few days of starting the zooft, I feel like I am starting tp be able to cope again. 

Hang  tough.  You will be fine.  Zoloftis one of the more benign SSRIs. 

I will be thinking about you and praying for you and the baby.

Best regards,

Julie
Bookmark and Share

Offline Drielly84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 07:02:28 PM »
Thank you
I need prayers
Thank you for responding
I'm taking the zoloft again tonight
Bookmark and Share

Offline forever young

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 05:40:20 PM »
I know what you are going thru. I had the bad insomnia last year after going off Prozac for 2 months and trying to get back on it. I was worrying and couldn't sleep a lot at night if I got 2 hrs I thought I was doing good. I switched to celexa and after about 4 wks I was able to sleep some with out taking any thing. I wish I could have gotten back on Prozac as I feel like I am not at my best but I am better. I am on 20 mg but hate to go up more. I have thought about switching back to Prozac if I knew the insomnia would not be unbearable. I know it helped me more seemed like. I feel for me going off the anti depressant was not a good ideal. I think that is why my insomnia was so bad. I wish it didn't bother me that much but it does.  I know the anxiety makes it worse when you panic naturally you won't be able to go to sleep for a while. I feel the Zoloft will work just give it time. I would do that rather than switch back to celexa. I hope you have a good night
Bookmark and Share

Offline Drielly84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 12:21:22 AM »
Thank you
I'm feel comforted  I'm not alone
Yes my anxiety certainly doesn't help and also the fact I'm pregnant doesn't help either
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ringil

• Lost Cat
  • Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Ringil & The 3 Mouseketeers
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 01:03:35 AM »
My personal experience is that coming off once you have started SSRIs, you may have a prolonged anxiety attack. Mine went on for weeks and I suffered greatly. You have my sincere sympathy.

I am fairly sure that Xanax would help. It's the only medication I'm very familiar with. At the time this happened, I had Xanax but refused to use it. What a mistake that was.

Even though it's just an over the counter product, I have been using MIDNITE, a sleeping aid and getting good results. It won't replace the Zolpidem but it seems to work. It's less than $10. Walmart has it for $7.50.

Drink more water than usual no matter how little that excites you.

You should take your Doctors advice rather than mine. I'm not a Doctor. But do some research. It will help distract you from your anxiety and you can be an informed consumer.
Bookmark and Share
Anything I post is an opinion© and not necessarily a fact™. I've often benefitted from anecdotal guidance. Your mileage may vary.

Offline Drielly84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 07:45:05 PM »
Trying to avoid xanax since I'm pregnant :( hopefully once the zoloft begins to work I'll do better
Tried sleeping without ambien last night and by 1 am was so frustrated and upset that I was an anxious mess and took one :( I only took the ambien for three days don't want to take it tonight but may have too :(
Bookmark and Share

Tags: