Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Need support and reassurance please help  (Read 68 times)

Offline Drielly84

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Need support and reassurance please help
« on: May 16, 2014, 05:50:28 PM »
I don't even know where to begin......
Suffered with GAD anxiety panic depression since I was 17 was put on celexa and trazedone and did well on those after the initial adjustment period.  Even though I went through periods of high anxiety and GAD I managed and the past several years felt the meds weren't helping much but still did okay and used xanax sparingly to get me through the rough patches..... The minute I found out I was pregnant I stopped meds cold turkey and after the withdrawal did okay up until about 2 weeks ago where my panic attacks were almost every night and finally went to my OB who put me on 50 mg I zoloft after  4 days I went down to 25 mg to see if the side effects would lessen particularly the insomnia and breakthrough anxiety
After 9 days on zoloft I was given the okay to stop but
I have become so worried and stressed out about my broken sleep and have it stuck in my head that I may have fatal insomnia
My psych. Is not very helpful and I'm going to a new one next week
Benadryl and unisom don't work well as I have ambien but it only works for a few hours and then I'm up and anxious about why I'm awake sometimes I can fall back asleep and sometimes I can't :(
I need to know that I'm not alone and that someone out there has been through bad GAD anxiety insomnia and has gotten through it
Please no scary stories I can't handle it
I even went to the ER in hopes to try and by immediate help because I'm so depressed and scared but since I'm not trying to hurt myself they said there wasn't much they could do
My OB wants me to try 12.5 of zoloft again tonight with the ambien and for me to give the zoloft a chance
I'm scared and don't want to live like this anymore
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
Re: Need support and reassurance please help
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 06:50:53 PM »
Well first of all you will not die...  you are at least sleeping even if it's broken.  My mom had insomnia where she DID NOT SLEEP for 7 years! (hers was due to some kind of cholesterol medication combined with going through menopause)
My daughter sounds just like you with the sleeping and anxiety, and she too is going through different types of meds!  And as a matter of fact right now she is trying to get off of some pill she had been taking for years and cutting back on that one and adding Buspar is making her so nervous.  She isn't getting much help from HER psychiatrist either!   I can't explain things too well but she sounds a lot like you!   How old are you?  (My daughter is 26)
She'll come in here and tell me she's so nervous that she won't sleep, things like that. 
One thing though, DON'T be scared, NOTHING is going to happen to you from the lack of sleep. 
I don't sleep well either, but mine is due to menopause.  If I have a particularly bad night (maybe only 2 hours of sleep the entire night) the next night I'll take a Xanax.   Maybe if you do something like that?  This way if you don't sleep one night you know you'll sleep the next. 
Are you tired during the day?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Drielly84

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Need support and reassurance please help
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 07:00:51 PM »
I'm 30 and pregnant
About to start on zoloft again tonight
I just always think I have the worst thing possible :/ it's part of My OCD I think
I just try to keep telling myself that the insomnia illness I'm worried about it very very rare but it doesn't help my anxiety
Thank you for responding ! At least I'm not alone
Bookmark and Share

Tags: