Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: HA over my cat.. Please someone who knows cats help me :(  (Read 171 times)

Offline soccerash21

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
HA over my cat.. Please someone who knows cats help me :(
« on: May 16, 2014, 05:11:25 PM »
This may sound nuts, but i currently have HA over my cat. I'm pretty sure my cat hasn't pooped in like 3 days. She's peeing in her box, but it only seems like she is going once a day, and i think she usually goes 2 or 3 xs. And on top of it, she's been hiding under my bed for like the past 3 days a ton, which she does do, but not as much as she has been. It's been super hot over the past 4 days or so where I live, so I'm not sure if she's hanging out under there bc its cooler or what. I want to google, but refuse. I thought I remembered reading a while ago that cats are supposed to go to the bathroom like 3 xs a day, and if they start hiding more, its a sign that they are sick or somethings wrong. She's eating and drinking fine though. I don't want to call my vet, bc i'm sure their response will be "bring her in to be safe" (which i would love to do, but i know they will just want to run tests and stuff, and if they come back fine, i'll feel like a moron, plus i dont have the kind of money. Not that if there was an emergency, i would just not take her in, but i do the same stuff with me. I rush into the dr for myself all the time only to be told theres nothing wrong) anyways, i'm just trying to see if anyone has any ideas on if this sounds normal or if i should bring her in? Thanks to anyone who can help me with this
Bookmark and Share

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: HA over my cat.. Please someone who knows cats help me :(
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 05:27:00 PM »
Maybe she's sad. Have you been giving her attention lately?

Hopefully it's just a very small issue

Wishing you all the best :)
Bookmark and Share

Online mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 05:41:58 PM »
Feel her stomach and see if she's bloated.  Is she showing signs of dehydration?  Is she avoiding being touched, is she lethargic? 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Stressed Jumper

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 05:51:07 PM »
It sounds like she is dehydrated.  Sub Q fluids would be the go to remedy but if you can mix something into her water to make it tastier, like low sodium beef or chicken broth, the problem might fix itself.  Cats tend to hide when they are insecure or I'll so she is exhibiting classic symptoms of a not (immediately) life threatening issue.  If you have a dosing syringe you can put liquids directly down her throat...I recommend Smartwater since it contains electrolytes.  If the cat has not improved and is not drinking and urinating normally within the next 36 hours I would say it warrants a visit to the vet.  Btw how old is your cat?
Bookmark and Share

Offline soccerash21

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 05:52:03 PM »
Hi,

I mean it's super hard to tell whether or not she's lethargic, she sleeps for 95% of the day anyways, lol. And i've see her drink water, but it's hard to monitor since i'm not home all day with her. My husband thinks she's acting normal, he said he's  not going to worry unless she stops eating or going to the bathroom all together, which I guess is would most likely be  good indication that something was wrong. I'll just keep an eye on her and pray she's just under the bed so much because she's lazy and hasn't pooped because she just doesn't have to go? I'm sorry for typing tmi, lol. Thank you both for your help!! I appreciate it!
Bookmark and Share

Offline soccerash21

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 05:53:54 PM »
Hi-
She will be 3 in people years next month
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 06:21:04 PM »
I think if she had an issue with her bowels like that, that she would NOT be eating normally.  I think the fact that she is eating normally is a good sign. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline soccerash21

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014, 06:35:55 PM »
Hi

Yeah- i think we're just going to watch her. My husband is home with her now And said that he played with her and she was playing and acting normal, and when he picks her up she purrs like crazy (which is what she always does). So hopefully i am just spazzing out and will just keep my fingers crossed that she's fine.

Thank you to everyone for all of your help And support- i appreciate it!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ringil

• Lost Cat
  • Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Ringil & The 3 Mouseketeers
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2014, 07:37:56 PM »
My cats poop once a day and they are quite healthy. I check their BMs because while all 3 share 2 litter boxes, their poop is different enough for me to identify. I have laxatives that I administer if they don't do their daily duty.

Cats don't like water (neither do I) so you should be sure they have fresh water that circulates. A pet fountain will encourage them to drink.

There are many remedies available online. I suggest any of them that are liquid and administered by eyedropper. If that fails, sorry, you'll need an X-ray to see what might be stuck.

I've had some success with http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0037NKDSG/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and their water consumption has improved.
Bookmark and Share
Anything I post is an opinion© and not necessarily a fact™. I've often benefitted from anecdotal guidance. Your mileage may vary.

Offline Storyweaver

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2014, 12:23:08 AM »
Try giving her a table spoon of pure canned pumpkin. I did this for my rat, and my cat when they had tummy troubles. Its safe for them, and gets their bowels moving again.
Bookmark and Share

Online mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2014, 08:16:28 AM »
If she's playful she's probably not sick. 

If she is bloated/constipated, there are also specially made cat laxatives out there.  I use one on one of my kitties who gets backed up really easily for whatever reason.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: