Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: New here. Convinced I have Breast cancer.  (Read 99 times)

Offline CrazyDachshundLady

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New here. Convinced I have Breast cancer.
« on: May 16, 2014, 04:55:37 PM »
Ok so I need to explain a bit before I start. I've suffered from hypochondria since I was around 11 years old, after watching my mom go from hospital to hospital. When she was diagnosed with MS in 2008 it got worse. In my head I've had several different diseases, mostly cancers and I've had diabetes a few times. When I was 16 I was pretty sure I kicked my HA for good. I had a few minor flare ups that lasted maybe a day but no cancer scared or major worries. Fast forward 3 years later and I'm currently 19 and for the last month and a half I've been OBSESSED with breast cancer. My boyfriends mom was just diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer back in November 2013, by february it spread to her liver and she's now terminal. One night I actually sat down and talked with her about the cancer and her treatment and everything and that was the night the "I have breast cancer" thing started. I was dreaming about it and I woke up with a pain in my right breast so I began to examine it over and over. It felt kind of lumpy so I just started examining it like every 10 minutes. It gets so sore some days because I get really anxious and cannot stop poking at it! I've examined both my breasts and they both have the same lumpy texture, which I've heard is common in young women, but it still freaks me out. My right breast is a little smaller then the left and it for some reason feels bumpier then the left one. I've examined them over and over again for about a month and a half and I just can't stop thinking that I have breast cancer. I try and convince myself that I don't because there is nothing that really stands out and no breast changes as far as I can tell. This HA is driving me crazy, some days I'm so anxious over it I can't even eat. If anyone has went through something similar any advice or input is much appreciated. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Turkeylips

• Rec's: 3
  • Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me, a sinner.
    • Poke This Member
Re: New here. Convinced I have Breast cancer.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 04:33:49 AM »
The left breast of most women, myself included, is usually a little bigger. I also have lumpy breasts and have been to doctors numerous times because of it.

I have cysts that flare up if I consume a lot of caffeine and it can be incredibly painful.  Poking and prodding will also make a sore spot worse though.

Breast cancer lumps can be hard, ridged and spiny feeling. Smooth, oval shape lumps that move around are probably cysts.

Go get checked out of it will make you feel better.
Bookmark and Share
Romans 12:12  Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.