Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: why cant this be a slow moving brain tumor?  (Read 245 times)

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Pissed
    Pissed
    • Poke This Member
why cant this be a slow moving brain tumor?
« on: May 16, 2014, 04:53:07 PM »
what if I have a slow growing brain tumor that is causing this dizziness for 2 1/2 months? that has generally been worse the last 3 days..... with sleepiness.. random light head pains.... feelings of tingles in leg or fingers...neck pain.....swollen gland on back of head... tightness in face.... feeling of tightness around entire head and eyes... feeling like im lost or not here when im talking to someone in person... feeling on edge of a panic attack....

I have no clue how I will make it to work the next few days feeling like this, its impossible. I will run out of xanax too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline spongecake

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: why cant this be a slow moving brain tumor?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 05:55:46 PM »
A lot of those problems are often caused by (you guessed it) anxiety, but another cause can be if your neck and shoulder muscles are tense. I had pains in my head and tight feelings and it was really distressing me, but I found that giving yourself a thorough neck message, including your shoulders and partway down your back can help to alleviate a lot of those feelings.

I know it's easy to be scared of the worst when having those problems, as I've suffered from exactly that, but it doesn't sound likely to be a brain tumour. See if a massage helps, maybe even some meditation (good for cooling yourself down and giving yourself some good posture), and I hope things start to feel better for you =)
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 06:51:08 PM »
Sometimes my eyes feel like they want to go cross eyes or something. Thanks for reply sponge.
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 07:40:33 PM »
I wonder if the dizziness from a brain tumor would make me fall over. Instead of just getting the off balance sensation when looking or walking around or sometimes feeling like im going cross eyed but im not?
Bookmark and Share

Offline KirklandHarris

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 09:00:37 PM »
Valley, that cross eyed thing happens to me a lot, especially when I'm looking at something close to my face. I also had a MRI with contrast that showed nothing wrong so I guess it's just "one of those things." If you know what I mean.
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 07:58:51 AM »
You would think this would help.

Abstract
Psychogenic dizziness is defined as recurring or persistent symptoms of balance dysfunction, inconsistent with organic vestibular disease as determined by history, clinical examination and pertinent investigations, and consistent with emotional origin. Of 1,335 patients seen in our dizziness clinic between January 1988 and August 1991, psychogenic dizziness was diagnosed in 180 (13.5%) patients. There were 67 men and 113 women aged from 12 to 77 years (mean age 40.2 years). The characteristics of psychogenic dizziness are: (1) continuous dizziness for long periods of time; (2) younger patients; (3) predominant female; (4) associated symptoms of panic attack, such as headache, breathlessness, nausea, sleep disturbance, paresthesias, anxiety and palpitation; (5) symptoms of aggravation due to stressful life events; (6) normal neurotological bedside examination; (7) hyperventilation reproduced accurately. The electronystagmographic results of 74 patients show normal bithermal caloric responses in 47 patients (63.5%), caloric hyperactivity in 21 patients (28.4%), canal paresis in four patients (5.4%), canal paresis with directional preponderance in two patients (2.7%), large random voluntary eye swings or severe blinking in 35 patients (47.3%), and spontaneous nystagmus (slow phase velocity < 6.5 degrees/s) in four patients (5.4%). There were 31 patients who consulted psychiatrists with diagnoses of anxiety (51.6%), depression (16.1%), insomnia (12.9%), psychosomatic disorder and adjustment disorder. Treatment of patients with psychogenic dizziness must be directed at the underlying anxiety. Psychiatric consultation is necessary.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: