Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hello all  (Read 93 times)

Offline mrsm1217

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello all
« on: May 16, 2014, 12:23:05 PM »
Hi! My name is Angela and I've suffered from anxiety for as long as I could remember. It was always so manageable though. The past four years have gotten kind of rough. My doc convinced me years ago to start Cymbalta after 2 weeks of being anxious and loss of appetite. I came off of it when I became pregnant with my second child whom is now 19 months old. I'm a stay at home mom and the few friends I have here (new city) work ALL the time. I think that started some of my new anxiety. I found out I was pregnant with my 3rd child in November, but I had a miscarriage in January. I was devastated and cried for weeks. I had to press on b/c I have an extremely active toddler to take care off all day. I really don't think I gave myself the proper time to heal. Two months ago a close friend told me she was pregnant, a few days later had a huge fight with my husband and the next day I had a panic attack that lasted over an hour. The next day I was completely fine. About 2 weeks ago I had 2 big arguments back to back with the husband, a sever tornado threat (which completely freaked me out), then the next day I went to the dentist which also completely freaks me out. The day after that I had a pretty mild, compared to the last one, panic attack. Here it is 10 days later and I'm still anxious. Not all day but at random times throughout the day. I went to my doc and they gave me a prescription for xanax and tried to give me an antidepressant b/c of my history. I don't want to go that route just yet. I really want to find other approaches and not have to resort to those meds. I barely want to take the xanax. Anywho....I hardly have an appetite, nauseous and kinda weak due to not eating. So of course that's making me anxious. I've never dealt with it this long and its starting to freak me out and Google all kinds of stuff which in turn is also freaking me out. LOL....funny but not funny. Oh.....I also was in the midst of coming off caffeine and I'm wondering if thats making my symptoms worse. I feel better when I tell myself that's the reason.....sometimes. I actually feel really good just typing this. So here I am....nauseous (well not right now.....took a phenergan), kinda tired,  kinda weak, just slightly anxious at the moment and unmotivated. Thanks for reading. Hopefully I can connect with people to help me along the way. I'm trying to remain positive...so I'm steering clear of all things health anxiety related. I feel that's making me feel worse. ♥
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hello all
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 06:00:06 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline mrsm1217

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hello all
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 11:16:46 AM »
Thanks so much. I reposted this to the GAD board. :)
Bookmark and Share