Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Rant. Enough of HA already! >:(  (Read 123 times)

Offline LilMousey

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Rant. Enough of HA already! >:(
« on: May 16, 2014, 11:45:27 AM »
Why do we (and I totally include myself in this) look so much into whatever we think might be a symptom? Shouldn't our bodies warn us when something is wrong, and not the other way around? Why do we analyse so much, and think, and overthink, and get scared? I'm so fed up with hypochondria. Seems like I can't enjoy everyday life without it blurring my thoughts and disturbing my mind.  :angry:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Eric68

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Rant. Enough of HA already! >:(
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 12:58:12 PM »
I'm with ya! :yes: At times I spend so much time worrying about what is wrong with me and whether I'm dying that I forget to actually enjoy the life I have!  And after a wave of HA has passed and there was nothing really wrong after all, I feel really foolish.  But having seen this in myself over and over, the pattern continues to repeat.
Bookmark and Share

Offline famv5

• Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 01:07:15 PM »
I feel the same way.  I get completely consumed with whatever I'm worrying about.  I look at other people and wonder why they aren't experiencing the same thing.  My husband, for example, never worries about a thing whether it be health, work, or otherwise,  I, however, worry about myself, him, my kids, you name it.  I take it all on. :(  HA happens to always be front and center.
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Offline LilMousey

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 11:15:37 PM »
I feel the same way.  I get completely consumed with whatever I'm worrying about.  I look at other people and wonder why they aren't experiencing the same thing.  My husband, for example, never worries about a thing whether it be health, work, or otherwise,  I, however, worry about myself, him, my kids, you name it.  I take it all on. :(  HA happens to always be front and center.

Sounds like me all the way. I envy those who don't worry about every single thing, like I do. I also kinda wonder how they do it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline LilMousey

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 11:19:30 PM »
I'm with ya! :yes: At times I spend so much time worrying about what is wrong with me and whether I'm dying that I forget to actually enjoy the life I have!  And after a wave of HA has passed and there was nothing really wrong after all, I feel really foolish.  But having seen this in myself over and over, the pattern continues to repeat.

Oh it's SO frustrating when I'm doing whatever, and the anxiety comes to get me. Like I'll be doing some random things and all of a sudden I'll start worrying about my health. Out of nowhere. I understand it can happen when I'm googling diseases and whatever, but I find it all a bit too much when it randomly pops into my head for no reason.
Bookmark and Share

Offline famv5

• Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 11:31:28 PM »
That's exactly what happens to me Lilmousey.  It's the first thing that pops into my mind in the morning and then the day spirals from there.  I would love to know how others do it who don't worry.
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Tags: