Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: YAY! Anyone else weird like me?  (Read 159 times)

Online Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
YAY! Anyone else weird like me?
« on: May 16, 2014, 06:05:37 AM »
(well, if I get 0 replies I will know that I'm the weirdo on the board  :spineyes:)

OK, does anyone else feel incredibly happy when they have another concern to overpower worrying about their health?
I am stressing about financial issues right now (nothing major, but enough to keep me thinking about it!) 
...  I think to myself, at least I can sit and figure out a solution, I have some power over this... 
Just wondering if I'm weird or do others welcome worries unrelated to health?  And if so, what concerns have you embraced happily?  (Of course I'd like to have NO worries or concerns, but this isn't a fantasy land...)
Bookmark and Share

Online mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: YAY! Anyone else weird like me?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 07:23:46 AM »
I wouldn't say I'm happy about them, but there have been times when I'm like "well, at least it's nice to not be worrying about a disease again..."   :laugh3:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Stressed Jumper

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 09:38:25 AM »
Replacing one source of stress with another is not my cup of tea but immersing myself so thoroughly in an activity that even a wandering mariachi band couldn't get my attention is.  Hard to worry about yourself when you are piloting a 1300 lb horse over four foot tall jumps !  Then again that would scare the crud out of most people so maybe I am the weird one!
Bookmark and Share

Offline readyforpeace

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 09:45:07 AM »
Yes! I'm similar to that, as well! Although there are also times when I should be worrying about other things and I find myself immersed in some new health worry.
Bookmark and Share

Online famv5

• Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 01:17:22 PM »
I worry about anything and everything.  I can't say that I can switch from a healthcare worry to one not health related.  The health one is always there even in the back of my mind.   But, with that said, I worry about everything else going on in my life, too.  I also seem to take on the worries of family members, as well, so all in all, I'm a stressball. (haha) 
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Offline SheWhoShallRemainNameless

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 02:30:36 PM »
Haha, yes. Last winter I got a ridiculous cold and was sick for a month. I was so happy to be actually sick and not have to worry about maybe being sick. It was a bit crazy, but at least I had a break from worrying about that for awhile.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 02:34:56 PM »
Yup. Sometimes I get relief in worrying about one health issue over the other. Like when I was wrapped up in my CC obsession for a year, a week with a tingling foot and MS worries was a wonderful distraction from the CC fears. Anxiety is an odd odd thing.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: