Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: So How do I Treat This?  (Read 116 times)

Offline Breathless

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
So How do I Treat This?
« on: May 15, 2014, 11:24:17 PM »
As a recovering alcoholic that has been sober for 2 years, acceptance was integral in my recovery.

I've had hypochondria/psychosomatic issues since I was 15 (I'm 33 now).  I'm accepting my physical symptoms are psychological. How can I treat this...preferably without meds?
Bookmark and Share
"Cowards die many times before their deaths;the valiant never taste of death but once. Of all the wonders that I yet have heard, it seems to me most strange that men should fear; Seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come." Julius Caesar

Offline livelaughlove

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: So How do I Treat This?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 12:07:27 AM »
Once again, you need to accept things for what they are and just let them be. Acceptance brought you sobriety and acceptance of true feelings be it happy, sad, anxious, whatever, are normal and should be experienced and will cure you once again and you need to let your brain have these thoughts. Kind of like the pink elephant theory. If you have never heard of that google pink elephant anxiety theory. If you can't find the answer then ill type it but id rather you google it so i dont have to type a really long answer but it just makes sense. However, being that you do have hx of ETOH i would recommend you get ultrasound of liver as well as liver functions, CBC, CMP, and Vit D and Vit B-12, niacin and thyroid levels checked.
So you just need to accept... that's all you need to do... then everything else will follow. And look at yourself in the mirror every day and smile and say something positive, like say to yourself, "Thanks self! You are strong. You are beautiful." By doing this you are training your brain to produce positive thoughts and are nurturing it. Good luck!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Breathless

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
Re: So How do I Treat This?
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 10:14:46 AM »
Once again, you need to accept things for what they are and just let them be. Acceptance brought you sobriety and acceptance of true feelings be it happy, sad, anxious, whatever, are normal and should be experienced and will cure you once again and you need to let your brain have these thoughts. Kind of like the pink elephant theory. If you have never heard of that google pink elephant anxiety theory. If you can't find the answer then ill type it but id rather you google it so i dont have to type a really long answer but it just makes sense. However, being that you do have hx of ETOH i would recommend you get ultrasound of liver as well as liver functions, CBC, CMP, and Vit D and Vit B-12, niacin and thyroid levels checked.
So you just need to accept... that's all you need to do... then everything else will follow. And look at yourself in the mirror every day and smile and say something positive, like say to yourself, "Thanks self! You are strong. You are beautiful." By doing this you are training your brain to produce positive thoughts and are nurturing it. Good luck!

Thank you...I've been sober for a year and half and in excellent health per doctors. I just chronically feel like I can't breathe.
Bookmark and Share
"Cowards die many times before their deaths;the valiant never taste of death but once. Of all the wonders that I yet have heard, it seems to me most strange that men should fear; Seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come." Julius Caesar

Tags: