Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Concerned about Heart  (Read 111 times)

Offline math989

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Concerned about Heart
« on: May 15, 2014, 10:22:22 PM »
Hello everyone,
I'm a healthy teenage boy who gets 1:30 of excersize for 5 fays of the week. This happens once today and a few times over the past year. What I'm experiencing is that sometimes when I am sitting down I feel like my heart has stopped for around 2 seconds and I cannot breathe. At first my mind told me that it was a heart attack but I don't think it is.does anyone experence this?
Bookmark and Share

Offline spongecake

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Concerned about Heart
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 11:33:27 PM »
I have had this plenty. My hypochondria tends to give me bouts of different things to worry about, and for one certain amount of time I was given this. It feels awful and it makes you feel afraid to breathe. The good news is from what I understand, it is very most likely totally harmless. This is a thing that happens to lots of people and they don't even notice it. We however notice it, and then we get scared, and because we're scared it's more likely to happen again since it can happen more when you're stressed. It's a vicious cycle.

I know I can't tell you it's absolutely nothing to worry about and alleviate everything, but I can tell you that I had this going on weeks and weeks ago and it got better :>
Bookmark and Share

Offline dcam90

• Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
Re: Concerned about Heart
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 12:41:03 AM »
Hey!
Yes i experience the same thing. Usually when i stad up or sit down too fast. Feels like a skipped beat and for me at least it gives me horrible head rushes and a feeling of brief chest discomfort. I've had every test imaginable and apparently my ticker works normally yet i suffer extreme anxiety. Anxiety can ravage your body and make you feel things that feel life threatening, when they might not be at all.  Hypochondria especially make you very aware of every little bodily sensation. Hypochondriacs often confuse normal bodily sensations with life threatening medical emergencies. If i were you i wouldn't worry too much about it. BUT it is always a good idea to talk to your doctor and get checked out just so you can know for sure you're all right. Good luck! (:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: