Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Leg pain again.....need reassurance  (Read 97 times)

Offline famv5

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Leg pain again.....need reassurance
« on: May 15, 2014, 08:00:00 PM »
I am trying SO hard not to Google.  Ugh...it's not easy.

Here's my situation.  I know I have posted a few times in the past regarding leg pain and my fear of blood clots.  I am at a higher risk of getting them due to the Factor V Leiden gene I have.

Anyway, here is what I am experiencing.  I should say that the last two days I have worked out on our elliptical machine for 30 minutes each day.  I had no pain whatsoever.  I did my 30 minutes today with no problem.  However, later this afternoon, I felt this pain in my lower calf right above my ankle every time I walked.  It feels like a tight muscle but then again it doesn't.  It doesn't hurt as much when I'm sitting but I feel it when I stand on it or walk.  It also hurts to push in that area but there is no redness, heat or swelling.

Should I be as worried sick as I am right now?  I really hate this.  I just wish it would go away.  I'm concerned that I did something that caused a clot while I was exercising. 

That is what happened with my dad.  He was exercising doing a stress test and apparently that dislodged a clot in his calf.  He had extreme pain for a couple of days, especially when he walked and then it moved to his lungs but they were able to catch it in time. 

You can see why I have such a concern.  Please let me know your thoughts.  I am just nauseous with worry.  :(
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Online mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Leg pain again.....need reassurance
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 08:16:03 PM »
You probably have a tight/pulled muscle.  It's normal for it not to hurt immediately, but a while after working out.  Usually I'm fine if I spend a long time walking, until that night or the next morning. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline famv5

Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 08:20:03 PM »
Thank you so much for your quick reply.  I am really freaking out.  It seems to hurt now when I'm sitting, too.  Not as much as standing or walking, though. 

I do keep telling myself that it is odd that I have this after I started to exercise.  I haven't exercised in months and just started up yesterday.  So, maybe it is a tight muscle but man, I can't shake the worry. 

It's one of those situations, too, where I'm home alone because my husband is away on business and I'm trying so hard not to worry and just handle the kids and house as usual.  Very hard with a worried mind, though.

Fingers crossed it will be gone in the morning.  Thanks again for your thoughts.
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Online mollyfin

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 08:22:57 PM »
Being alone with health worries is the worst!  At least when someone's around you can ask their opinion, and know if something goes wrong you have backup. 

If it's starting to feel better already when you walk on it, that would also point to a sore muscle.  I had a friend who used to get superficial blood clots and he'd be in the hospital for it just because the pain was so horrible (those aren't dangerous blood clots). 
Bookmark and Share

Offline famv5

Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 08:29:14 PM »
You're exactly right.  I feel helpless without having someone else here if needed.

It hurts to stand or walk on it.  Sounds funny but if I walk on my tiptoes on that leg, it doesn't hurt as much.   It seems to only really hurt when I put pressure on my heel and flex my foot to walk.   Don't ask me why I tried the tiptoe thing ;).  Just testing things out.  I've even tried the test of flexing my foot up and pointing it and have no pain doing that. 

Sigh.  I just wish it would disappear.  It's the one pain that you'll see me on here posting about. 
Bookmark and Share

Online mollyfin

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 08:36:53 PM »
Yeah, if stretching it affects how it feels, it's probably a muscular thing. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: