Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Just 'cuz I'm scared doesn't mean I can't say hello  (Read 72 times)

Offline spongecake

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Just 'cuz I'm scared doesn't mean I can't say hello
« on: May 15, 2014, 05:57:39 PM »
Hi guys. So I figured maybe I would feel better if I had a place to write whenever my hypochondria flares up. I don't know anyone else who has it, and everyone I DO know thinks that anxiety is a mild thing you just need to 'choose' to get over. And cheer up for chrissake. Aheh.

I'm 24 and female. For the majority of the time my health anxiety won't be crazy bad, but then suddenly it will arrive and stay for a month or two without a moments break. I can feel when one of these periods is coming because it always opens with dizziness, which doesn't end at all until the time is over. I'm determined to do what I can to get over this though, because I'm tired of wasting hours with my head in my hands convinced that I'm going to die. I've just started seeing a therapist, turning my diet around, taking up excercise, starting meditation, I am so wanting to be over this. If anything seems to help I'll mention, because I figure we all want to know what might do the trick...
Bookmark and Share

Offline crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Just 'cuz I'm scared doesn't mean I can't say hello
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 06:23:09 PM »
Hi Spongecake,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Tags: