Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Stomach Issues  (Read 212 times)

Offline spongecake

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Stomach Issues
« on: May 15, 2014, 05:29:24 PM »
Again I find myself having to write down what's going on... Or I'll go mental having the thoughts stir around and round in my head. Will be a little TMI, mind.

Having a few stomch problems at the moment, namely being constipation, no appetite, poop being very dark when any does come out, and a hard lumpy feeling abdomen. The sad thing is I totally KNOW it's probably fine. I'm under quite a bit of stress at the moment, and I know these health issues have likely arisen just to match the stress and make things worse. The lumpiness is probably caused by the constipation as is the lack of appetite.

... However. Doesn't mean I can shake of the 'could be's. It COULD be something awfully wrong. That lump in my abdomen COULD be a tumour. The constipation COULD be caused by it, and I could be full up with blood which is turning my poop black. As I sit here I swear I can FEEL everything down there just being terribly wrong. Like blood's seeping around through my digestive system, and I'm going to die. And I'm housesitting at the moment for someone, so I can't even run off to my doctor. I just have to sit and feel myself dying.

... Which of course I'm not. But it seems that know amount of knowing that I'm fine will take away my subconscious knowing that I'm not. Might help me if I knew other people have had these symptoms though. Thanks for reading.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Descent

• Rec's: 1
  • Only thing to fear is fear itself
    • Poke This Member
Re: Stomach Issues
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 06:03:14 PM »
This is literally something I was just worried about! All these symptoms, except for the lump. Diet can easily explain the darker stool, I literally just got back from a doctor who did a rectal exam of me. No bleeding. We figure it's cause of all the cocoa powder I've been digesting.

If you were seriously bleeding internally, like emergency style, you'd know it. You'd be vomiting and feeling dizzy. Or have major pain.

Stress/anxiety can easily cause constipation as well. I'm pretty familiar with that one...
Bookmark and Share
Generally afraid of: Bacterial infections, toxic ingestions

Offline spongecake

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 06:33:39 PM »
Thanks for replying Descent, and yeah... I figured if I was actually sloshing with blood in my intestines like that, I'd probably know xD But it's still good to hear. I'm glad to hear that your situation seems fine :>
Bookmark and Share

Offline Descent

• Rec's: 1
  • Only thing to fear is fear itself
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 07:06:29 PM »
Thanks, hopefully we'll both be free of freak outs for a while.  :dazed:

As for your stools, as long as they're still well formed (not tar like) or they don't stink to high heaven, I don't think the darkening would be cause for concern. Specially if you don't have a predisposed condition that would warrant internal bleeding... like a stomach ulcer or something of that nature.
Bookmark and Share
Generally afraid of: Bacterial infections, toxic ingestions

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 41
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 08:19:59 PM »
Hard and lumpy abdomen is probably being caused by the constipation.  It's all gotta go somewhere if it's not coming out!  (And that is not a fun way to feel, so you have my sympathies.  For some reason, apple juice always gets me moving, and doesn't taste as horrible as prune juice to me.)
Bookmark and Share

Offline spongecake

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 11:26:55 PM »
REALLY hope it is caused by the constipation... A couple of days ago the lumpiness was kinda indisctint. I could just feel something weird and painless going on down in that area, and when I felt there, I thought MAYBE I could feel a lump? Two days later however, there is definitely a lump and it's not difficult to find. It doesn't hurt, unless I press it too much (I know it shouldn't, but gotta keep hoping it's gone, y'know?). I'd love to get to the doctors but the soonest I can get there is Monday >.<

Pleeeeease be poop. Please be something I can just feel stupid about after, not something to genuinely be scared about...
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 41
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 04:36:56 AM »
I took my cat to the vet because I was sure she had a tumor - her belly was huge, hard and distended. 

Nope.  She was full of *****. 

Same thing happened to my friend's kid, actually.  Well, they didn't take her to the vet.  (I don't think, anyway; to be fair, I didn't ask specifically.)

Being backed up can also cause lack of appetite.  You'll probably feel a lot better once you get things moving.
Bookmark and Share

Offline nole23

• Rec's: 7
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014, 06:51:10 AM »
I'm having some stomach issues too at the moment. It's the worse because it puts me in a foul mood and interferes with my sleep. Seeing the GI doc on Wednesday and obviously I'm super freaked out. But it's good to know that a lot of people go through this fear, and a LOT of people have weird stomach issues that don't turn out to be anything major.

A thought... Have you tried fibre supplements? Metamucil or anything like that?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: