Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: I'm destin for a heart attach - today might be the day  (Read 126 times)

Offline didariok

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I'm destin for a heart attach - today might be the day
« on: May 15, 2014, 01:18:06 PM »
Hi fellow HA friends,
Im not new to anxiety but have only been experiencing HA for the past 5 months. I am a 33 yr old female who takes 40mg Fluoxotine daily since February. I am short and slightly overweight, have been experiencing high blood pressure for the past few months, am pre-diabetic (due to gestational diabetes) and the worse offense a smoker.

For the past few i've been monitoring my BP per doctor orders and it seems to be getting higher. With that said, I've been experiencing some chest pain but most disturbing to me is the tingling on and off in my left arm. I have been to the ER a few years back for a panic attack that I thought was a heart attack. I'm trying my best to convince myself these symptoms are just anxiety since they've been on and off for a week and I sleep fine at night. Then I think about all the things weighing against me and think ... "this could be it"

Im sure many of you have been in my shoes, how do you cope? Would you go to the doctor (of course we all want to RIGHT AWAY) or should I keep talking myself down off the ledge. I've also been mega stressed lately which I think is causing my meds to not work right now?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lance1984

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I'm destin for a heart attach - today might be the day
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 06:01:53 PM »
I feel what your going through i stressed over my heart for long time i had every pain and niggle( chest pains all over- sharp, tight feeling, burning, tingling in left arm and hands) had an ECG which came back fine doctors says im fine, the hardest part is convincing yourself and trust me its hard , the way i look at it is ive had these symptoms for 5 months if i was gonna have a heart attack i would of been gone from day 1... still walking around now so yeah... stay strong the brain is one powerful machine..
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I'm destin for a heart attach - today might be the day
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 08:22:06 PM »
Sorry you are going through this.  To answer your question - if your doc asked to you monitor your BP and it is going up then I would suggest calling him and letting him know.

I don't think you have anything to worry about  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: