Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Need some reassurance- blood clot or lymphoma  (Read 82 times)

Offline esthergreenwood

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Need some reassurance- blood clot or lymphoma
« on: May 15, 2014, 12:39:20 PM »
It's been a while since I needed help from you guys, but I had the flu this week and the spiral has begun again. Basically Monday-Wednesday I had high fever, chills, body aches, itchy bumps on skin, swollen glands, exhaustion. Last night fever was gone and today I'm finally feeling like I'm on the mend. EXCEPT. On Monday when this all started I was sore right about where my diaphragm is, all the way across, in an arc following the base of my ribs. I've been in bed the last two days, have not run or worked out since Sunday. The pain is not that intense, but very sore, and it hurts a lot when I walk or breathe deeply, so now I'm in a fear cycle over it. I really try not to run to my doctor for hypo fears, so I'm trying to find reasonable things here: I'm feeling better otherwise, it could be just more muscle aches associated with the virus I've had, etc. However, I'm scared of a blood clot, or my go to fear since my sister died of it- hodgkins.

Any help is appreciated. Trying to breathe and repeat rational thoughts...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 15
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Need some reassurance- blood clot or lymphoma
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 05:45:13 PM »
Any coughing OR vomiting with the illness?  If so, that would definitely cause the pain.
Otherwise it could just be inflamed chest muscles from the virus itself.
NOT a blood clot.  I don't know anything about Hodgkins, but I really doubt it would come on so suddenly like that!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: