Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: For those who have had or know someone who has had a brain MRI  (Read 143 times)

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
When did you get the results? Have you ever heard of anyone with something seriously wrong getting their results after a week or so? Or at their next doctor appointment? I guess I've read that if they see something concerning on your brain MRI (tumor, aneurysm, lesion, ect) they would call you within a couple days. Is this true? Have you experienced/heard otherwise?
Bookmark and Share

Offline yesyesno

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: For those who have had or know someone who has had a brain MRI
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 01:32:18 PM »
When I had mine, my doctor knew I was so concerned he ordered it on "rush".  That meant the standard read time would be a few hours.  But he did say they would not let me out the door if something was seriously wrong.  I had the MRI on a Friday and Monday rolled around and I still hadn't heard from them.  I had to call my doctor and he told me it came back clear.  Everything I have heard squares with this.  If there is cause for concern they will not neglect to let you know or casually wait for you to schedule your next visit.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 01:38:27 PM »
Thanks. I have an appointment with a neurologist in a couple of weeks and I'm going to request an MRI. I just want to know that if there is something sinister going on, they'll call me pretty much right away. So hopefully the anxiety will only last for a few days - and I can think to myself "If I can get through the next couple of days without a phone call, I'm in the clear!"
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 02:05:55 PM »
Ok, so my appointment is for 6/11/14 and I just called the office. They told me that they do MRI's in their office and that you get the results the same day! Woohoo! However, you can't get the MRI until your insurance approves it. So if my doctor orders the MRI on 6/11, it may take a week or so to actually get in for it. But hey, at least you get the results the same day (not holding my breath though - they sounded like a really busy office). Soooo....here's to NOT freaking out when I get a phone call from the neurologist on the same day I have my MRI! lol.
Bookmark and Share

Offline yesyesno

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 10:20:00 PM »
A quick turnaround time is great!  I'm sure it will come back clean and you will know this sooner than later.  It's good you have done your research so you know ahead of time how they give results so you don't have any unnecessary concerns after the test.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: