Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Zoloft (sertraline) 100 mg  (Read 260 times)

Offline sarahjxde

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Zoloft (sertraline) 100 mg
« on: May 14, 2014, 10:27:34 PM »
So I've been on setraline for a while. I started on 25 then 50 then 75 and I started taking 100 four days ago. If i still feel anxious and have panic attacks in a month, is it best just to change medicines?So I've been on setraline for a while. I started on 25 then 50 then 75 and I started taking 100 mg four days ago. If i still feel anxious and have panic attacks in a month, is it best just to change medicines?
Bookmark and Share

Offline bababel

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Re: Zoloft (sertraline) 100 mg
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 10:42:21 PM »
If you've only been on sertraline for a month, then you should definitely give it more time. I have been on it since the end of December and have slowly been increasing my dose to 125 mg. It takes 3-4 weeks from the the last dose increase before you can really tell if it is working for you or not. I would definitely give it a bit more time if I were you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 135
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Zoloft (sertraline) 100 mg
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 12:10:56 AM »
I started taking 100 four days ago. If i still feel anxious and have panic attacks in a month, is it best just to change medicines?

I'd give it at least 6 weeks, 8 would be better, and even then I suggest going up to 150mg before pulling the plug. Some of us need to be on high doses to get any benefit from antidepressants.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all suggestions are general in nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Tags: