Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: New medication. New symptoms and heart worries.  (Read 53 times)

Offline dcam90

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
New medication. New symptoms and heart worries.
« on: May 14, 2014, 09:43:21 PM »
Hey all!
I wanted to get some advice. The last 2 days i have had the worst panic attacks of my entire life. They seem to come in waves, I've had no relief at all the last 2 days. When i'm not panicking i'm having those build up symptoms. Anyways, my main worries are cardiac and respritory. I went to the cardiologist yesterday and got an ECG an ECHO and had a holter monitor strapped on that i have to take off tomorrow. The nurse said the ECG and ECHO seemed normal, just my heart rate was high cause i was panicking. I have to go back on the 29th for a stress test. I can't do ANY physical activity without feeling out of breath and exhausted, even something simple like moving positions in bed take the wind right out of me.

Also , i went for my first therapist appointment today. And was perscribed zoloft 25mg and ativan .5 mg. I take Opiate painkillers as well and was wondering about any possible interactions with those medicines. The therapist knows that i'm taking them but prescribed them anyways, i'm still worried though. Cause i was reading about serotonin syndrome and am afraid it might happen to me.

Anyone have any advice or similar experiences?
Bookmark and Share

Online mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New medication. New symptoms and heart worries.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 05:50:21 AM »
Serotonin syndrome is extremely rare, especially in a young person.  If your doctor felt comfortable prescribing them I would say you'll probably be fine.  And hopefully they'll bring some relief from your panic attacks.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: